• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190710_165443 (resized).jpg
66722003-5BCE-4600-BA0C-B51EC9FD09DC (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

As a proud T2 owner I have a question for you guys. Does anyone else out there bothered by the mods out there using stuff from the Terminator that people try using as T2 mods.

The biggest offender would be the home rom. It only provides one extra sound clip (compared to the countless improvements on the DM home rom) and the clip isn't even from Terminator 2. It is from the Terminator. Also see stuff like custom pingulps with the movie poster image from the first movie on them.

Am I being too much of a Terminator dork about this or does this annoy anyone else? I think i generally like and embrace mods, and think there are ton of great people in the hobby that do great work, but for some reason this stuff annoys me... Not as much as the last 3 Terminator movies annoy me... but they annoy me none the less.

Maybe I just have an excellent quality of life to where stuff like this can bug me (you know, as opposed to having actual problems to stress over)

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Maybe I just have an excellent quality of life to where stuff like this can bug me (you know, as opposed to having actual problems to stress over)

If this is your only stresser in life you're doing fantastic and should consider writing a book so the rest of us can follow your path.
And like all the Terminator mods out there!
-Mike

#3 4 years ago

I agree. You should sell me your T2 in protest.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

As a proud T2 owner I have a question for you guys. Does anyone else out there bothered by the mods out there using stuff from the Terminator that people try using as T2 mods.
The biggest offender would be the home rom. It only provides one extra sound clip (compared to the countless improvements on the DM home rom) and the clip isn't even from Terminator 2. It is from the Terminator. Also see stuff like custom pingulps with the movie poster image from the first movie on them.
Am I being too much of a Terminator dork about this or does this annoy anyone else? I think i generally like and embrace mods, and think there are ton of great people in the hobby that do great work, but for some reason this stuff annoys me... Not as much as the last 3 Terminator movies annoy me... but they annoy me none the less.

If I was a huge Terminator fan I think it would bother me more that a pinball machine called "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" basically has nothing from the movie Terminator 2: Judgement Day in it from the get go.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I heard on a podcast (I can’t recall which) that the “Fuck You Asshole” quote was actually recorded by Arnold during the T2 pinball recording session as a joke. So it’s perfectly legit in T2.

#6 4 years ago

I'd love a T1 game where you have to find Sarah Connor and waste her.

#7 4 years ago

Good news for the purist . This mod is available and it’s not from T1

66722003-5BCE-4600-BA0C-B51EC9FD09DC (resized).jpeg66722003-5BCE-4600-BA0C-B51EC9FD09DC (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If I was a huge Terminator fan I think it would bother me more that a pinball machine called "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" basically has nothing from the movie Terminator 2: Judgement Day in it from the get go.

A valid point.

As a Terminator movie fan I'm perfectly happy with a "generic Terminator" pin.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I heard on a podcast (I can’t recall which) that the “Fuck You Asshole” quote was actually recorded by Arnold during the T2 pinball recording session as a joke. So it’s perfectly legit in T2.

Correct. This was done by Arnold when he was doing voice recordings for T2 pinball. Fully legit.

#10 4 years ago

You're not going to like me... I've created a Pinsound soundtrack using the T1 vinyl re-issue as source. It's a beautiful thing and > T2's soundtrack IMO, Brad nailed it on his first attempt.

p.s. gunstarhero is correct about the source of that quote, was recorded for the pin

edit: from the youtube T2 pinball promo vid comments >>> it all started when Chris Granner had Arnold Schwarzenegger do some voice clips for the pinball games, and in the end when Chris asked Arnold if he wanted to say something else, Arnold replied with a "fuck you asshole" which inspired Chris to create the "profanity" romsets

#11 4 years ago

Just want to clarify. It doesn't actually offend me and I don't care at all if people choose to modify their pins as they see fit. I'm just firmly in the no T1 stuff on my personal T2 pin category.
Between pinstadiums, LEDs, toppers etc I'm sure that others think some of my pins have crossed the line.

#12 4 years ago

I wish he’d said “Chill out, dickwad” for a tilt warning. That would have been amazing.

#13 4 years ago

I wish they would have used "fuck you ahshole" for the pop bumpers.

#14 4 years ago

What about the elephant in the room.... every movie that came after T2 was an abortion, they are the movies you need to keep away from this pin, not T1

Hopefully having Cameron back on Dark Fate can restore some credibility.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

What about the elephant in the room.... every movie that came after T2 was an abortion, they are the movies you need to keep away from this pin, not T1
Hopefully having Cameron back on Dark Fate can restore some credibility.

I literally said "it bothers me but not nearly as much as the last 3 terminator movies"

The real elephant in the room is the "Pops" t800 in Genisys that finds Sarah as a child has the 80's Gargoyle glasses on. Was he sent to 1984 first to get sunglasses before traveling to the 70's to be Sarah's protector?

20190710_165443 (resized).jpg20190710_165443 (resized).jpg
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Am I being too much of a Terminator dork about this

Yep

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-vs-t1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.