4FB70405-3D1E-4EB2-8C77-E8CD1AB8E65B.png
#1 1 year ago

Hey!

Just curious what you guys prefer.
T2 or STTNG?
I don’t have enough time on both.
Thanks!

Richard

0A8562C0-3B0E-432D-AE83-AB3E6C71D18E (resized).png0A8562C0-3B0E-432D-AE83-AB3E6C71D18E (resized).png4FB70405-3D1E-4EB2-8C77-E8CD1AB8E65B.png4FB70405-3D1E-4EB2-8C77-E8CD1AB8E65B.png
#2 1 year ago

STTNG and it’s not even close.

#3 1 year ago

T2 is fun with great shots and flow but STTNG is am all time great.

#4 1 year ago

I think I enjoy T2 more simply because STTNG can be frustratingly drainy. But, T2 is a fairly simple game without much depth.

#5 1 year ago

Think of it as food. T2 is a fast food meal. Hits the spot and satisfies the hunger. STTNG is a complete dinner. Provides all the necessary food groups, couldn’t be any more tasty and you’re full when your done playing.

#7 1 year ago

They are both great machines but in my opinion T2 is just overall better.

#8 1 year ago

T2 is a fine game but its highly overrated. Time has been very kind to T2. Its one of those games that holds a special place in peoples hearts because it was so huge in the arcades back in the day and it elevates the game higher than it should be. Its OK and back when it was a dirt cheap DMD game with a cool theme and decently fun to play, it was one of the best buys in pinball. At todays prices, no way. STTNG all day every day.

#9 1 year ago

I own both. Here's my assessment:

T2: Great game. There is a reason they made over 15000 of them. The super jackpot is very fun and rewarding. It may be my penchant for sci-fi movies , but I LOVE the call outs. The flow is fantastic, and I love the artwork/look of it. If you are looking for a quick, straight forward game...it's a great choice. I actually originally bought it as a "filler" pin that I figured I would trade or sell quickly...but it has now lasted for years in my collection. It definitely has that 'one more gane' feel. I should also note is a one of the top machines for mod add-ons.

STTNG: It has one of the best theme integrations of all time. There are tons of shots and the game is packed. Full cast call outs are great! I enjoy the art, and it is a pretty deep game for the era. The outlanes can be tough, and a lot of people complain about issues with it needing more fixes than a lot of other games. It is widely considered one of the top games ever made.

Final thoughts: If you are able to get both, I would recommend doing it. In spite of both being made by the same company, in the same time period, and both being sci-fi themed...they almost couldn't be more different in terms of gameplay. They give a great changeup to one another.

If you can only get one, you need to decide if you like more gadgets or more flow, which theme you prefer, and how deep of a pin you are looking for. Only you can answer that. If money is a consideration, STTNG also costs about 2k more. If all things are equal and the money isn't a factor, I would choose STTNG.

#10 1 year ago

T2 was built for a different time. A time where the goal was to get $20 from someone, about forty plays.

When a game is in your home, you might play it 300, 1000, 2000 times.

You need a bit more depth.

STTNG is a widebody, a 'Superpin', what we called a 'pinball and a half' even though the playfield is only four inches wider.

There is so much MORE to the widebodies of the 90's. And for home use, more is going to keep your interest longer.

#11 1 year ago

STTNG!

Both are great games, but there is so much more to do in STTNG. 2 rotating cannons, a ship that shoots the ball back at you, 6 ball multiball, 14 modes, 3 ramps, 3 video modes, 4 multiballs... the best theme integration and use of assets in pinball.

My personal favorite on this machine is the challenge of trying to get to Warp 9.9. If you hit the warp spinner or side ramp 9 times whlie qualified, you have a timed mode wherey ou must hit the spinner within 10 seconds... 9 times... It's... SO FUN!

Great game and 10/10.

Only major negative is it's weight and difficulty to get dialed in if you are new to pinball (lots of optos and cannons are finickey).

T2 is a good game too, but STTNG is better.

#12 1 year ago

T2 because it's simple and fun.

STTNG is rather boring to me and it certainly doesn't help that I'm not into the star trek universe at all (I think it's really silly tbh).

#13 1 year ago

Currently own both. STTNG is much deeper, but probably not that deep by today's modern standards. T2 is a nice simple, flowy, fast paced game. I enjoy T2 more. STTNG will eventually go. T2 will remain. If, by some chance, T2 goes...he'll (probably) be back.

#14 1 year ago

Both great games. Not going to go wrong with either and both quite desirable.

Sttng might be a good one to pick up first tho.. I'm curious how the rom update coming soon will be received. It fixes many minor issues that when put together really improve the game experience.

#15 1 year ago

STTNG absolutely T1000s T2 into oblivion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-vs-sttng-what-do-you-prefer?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.