Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinPlayer2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking to buy just one more pin ( LOL )! Close to my area are a really nice T2 and Dracula pin being offered for sale. They both are rated pretty close together score wise. They are within 300 dollars apart asking price wise. Which one would you guys pick and why? Currently have a SST, Corvette, Baywatch, and a MS Pacman arcade. I swear I am done after this. Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

BSD. Mist ball is great.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

I'd get BSD in a heartbeat. It's not deep but can be wicked hard.

#4 11 years ago

Make me jealous and get the Dracula.

#5 11 years ago

Bsd

#6 11 years ago

This is actually really close for me but, BSD gets the edge due to mist and the horror theme. T2 lost some point due to the music but, T2 was a great movie and the sound effects are well done in the pin.

#8 11 years ago

T2... Better flow, better shots. If it was your only pin I'd say go for BSD (deeper rules)- but T2 is just more fun IMO.

#9 11 years ago

Bsd, turd 2 is a joke

#11 11 years ago

BSD! Ive put over 1480 games on my Dracula in the 5 months ive owned it. I cannot go a day without firing her up!

#12 11 years ago

One more for bsd.

#13 11 years ago

BSD, for sure.

#15 11 years ago

T2. The layout of T2 is more conducive to high energy, pulse pounding play for me. The back and forth of the ramps to start Payback, the shot to the skull (and rebound shot off the drop), the long saucer shot (that both games share) but it's the Super Jackpot, working the cannon while keeping the balls in play, that I really love! Very dramatic.

That said, the Mist gimmick in BSD is very cool. Beyond that, the shots just aren't as nice, to me. The triple stack is basically the only goal to BSD, which while cool, isn't enough to make up for the layout being more confining and less high energy. The video modes are sort of a wash, though the BSD one probably edges it out.

I'll take T2. Just perfect kinetic shots and flow, and one you can play for hours. In the recent years of the new collectors, it's appeal has lessened because it's not as deep and doesn't have a big toy/gimmick. But I look at T2 as the perfect 80's machine, w DMD technology, with perfect shots that I just never stop loving to shoot. BSD is fun as well, but I just don't like the shots as much and the playfield area has always seemed a little narrow.

#16 11 years ago

BSD!

#18 11 years ago

Bsd by a long shot

#19 11 years ago

BSD no question.

#20 11 years ago

have both, close call for sure, i would sell my bsd before my t2, so i would pick T2. t2 has better flow to it.

#21 11 years ago

Hey,

Based on reputation alone, I'd go with BSD. I own a T2, but it fills a very specific niche in the collection, the straightforward game lumped in with the deeper ones. BSD seems to get a lot of love, and you're more likely to find another decent T2 than a decent BSD. Just my two cents.

Luke

#22 11 years ago

Wow, looks like alot of love for BSD!!!!!! Thanks for all the input.

#23 11 years ago

We had a T2 in the arcade I manage. After a few months I asked them to please replace it with something else. It's not that bad, but I'd defiantly move it down 10-15 spots in the Pinside rankings. I do like the theme though, so it does have that going for it. It's also has good flow and is fun to mod.

Anyway, enough about T2. Buy the BSD!

#24 11 years ago

BSD and its not close. At all. IMO T2 is one of the most over rated pins of all time.

#25 11 years ago

What is this mist thing on the game I have never heard of it if someone could explain or post video.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

What is this mist thing on the game I have never heard of it if someone could explain or post video.

Its is a multiball feature. When activated the ball moves across playfield and wobbles a little. The object is to hit the ball with another ball, to get the ball in play. This ball is moved across the field with a magnet under playfield. It gives the Illusion that the ball is floating across the playfield. Hence the term mist ball, ball is floating in air in mist.

#27 11 years ago

the mist ball (from left to right) at 18'

about the topic, i like these 2 games for various reasons, they have all 2 great multiball features, but OK, BSD got the 1st place (except for the photoshop pity BG)

#29 11 years ago

I'd go for BSD everytime, T2 is a good machine and all, but BSD is much better in my mind.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Bsd, turd 2 is a joke

I just don't understand why someone would call T2 a joke?? It's a great players pins and hard to pick up high scores. That being said I have owned both and would pick up a BSD again over T2...better multiball(s), better sound and much better shot selection.

#31 11 years ago

Had T2 - enjoyed it.

Got BSD - love it.

#32 11 years ago

Well based on everyones advise here I got a BSD today! Very nice pin with led's and new chrome legs. Has the blue pop bumpers as well. I really like it so far. Thanks for all the input!

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from jbp8653:

Well based on everyones advise here I got a BSD today! Very nice pin with led's and new chrome legs. Has the blue pop bumpers as well. I really like it so far. Thanks for all the input!

Congrats enjoy.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

I just don't understand why someone would call T2 a joke?? It's a great players pins and hard to pick up high scores. That being said I have owned both and would pick up a BSD again over T2...better multiball(s), better sound and much better shot selection.

need to raise your standards

#35 11 years ago

BSD would be my choice and have played the both. I own a BSD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 21.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-vs-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.