Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by daniel0265
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140515_140739.jpg
image-900.jpg
image-870.jpg
image-15.jpg
t21.jpg
20121222_185233.jpg
image-50.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Has anyone bought one of these or made/have something like it? Good? Bad? Ugly?

ebay.com link

#2 5 years ago

that link doesnt work.

#4 5 years ago

The link takes me to an EBAY search page.

#5 5 years ago

Doh! Sorry!

image-50.jpg
#6 5 years ago

20121222_185233.jpg

Many people, including me, just bought the dvd set with the EndoSkull. I removed the base and wired in the eyes. To me it looks way cooler. You can still find the dvd sets online.

#7 5 years ago

I remember those DVD sets!

#8 5 years ago

Interesting the DVD set and the topper cost the same.

#9 5 years ago

I noticed the price too. One is out of the country though and that would decide it for me.

The endoskull comes apart easily. I removed the lights that it came with and put in two spare led's. I wired them in sequence and connected them into the backbox.

#10 5 years ago

I made an offer on the actual topper. Going to see on that first.

#11 5 years ago

I followed Duke's directions and added flashers to mine. There are two vids of the topper here with the base intact:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

Looks great in a dark room!

#12 5 years ago

Wow... I like both toppers! I received an eBay counteroffer and that one is now cheaper than the DVD set. I wonder... was that DVD set $180+ back when it was first released? I remember seeing it and thinking "oh that's cool." But I don't remember the price.

#13 5 years ago

This is a custom T2 topper I made using a Halloween T2 mask molded to a Styrofoam head. I spray painted the arms and hands from an old Halloween skeleton, cut some circular saw blades in half for the shoulders, and used water lines cut in half for the hydrolic pipies coming out of his shoulders, a couple springs and pvc parts all mounted to a board with red c7 Christmas light bulbs in the eyes that blink. It is the perfect proportion to the game and scaled out properly while the hands hang over the backbox a little

t21.jpg

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Wow... I like both toppers! I received an eBay counteroffer and that one is now cheaper than the DVD set. I wonder... was that DVD set $180+ back when it was first released? I remember seeing it and thinking "oh that's cool." But I don't remember the price.

Christmas 2012 a Pinsider posted a lionsgate discount code for the Blu-ray topper, 40 bucks I believe.

#15 5 years ago

Modfather definately earned that name. I have never been more impressed. The T2 box set is $180-$250 now. I would be in at $60ish. I might should check my local movie stop.

#16 5 years ago

Don't get it!!! It looks better in the pic then in real life. It's just a molded plastic thingy with stickers and led on it. WAY over priced for what it is. This is what it looks like on my T2.... it's not worth it.
image-900.jpgimage-870.jpgimage-15.jpg

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Modfather definately earned that name. I have never been more impressed. The T2 box set is $180-$250 now. I would be in at $60ish. I might should check my local movie stop.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1241159/

I found the deal I was referring to.

I copied bigduke6 and added brighter LEDs for the eyes and flashers. Looks sick in a dark room.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwJCfJLHrR0?autoplay=1&rel=0

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from daniel0265:

Don't get it!!! It looks better in the pic then in real life. It's just a molded plastic thingy with stickers and led on it. WAY over priced for what it is. This is what it looks like on my T2.... it's not worth it.

Thank you for the feedback on the actual product! I think it looks great in picture one. Kind of... well not great in picture two... and okay in picture three. I was wondering about the quality since the guy says it is only 1mm thick.

I will scour eBay for some other trinket that may make a cool topper. I don't know about paying $200 for a boxed DVD set. There has got to be some cool Terminator thing out there.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1241159/

I found the deal I was referring to.

I copied bigduke6 and added brighter LEDs for the eyes and flashers. Looks sick in a dark room.

They still seem to have it. The code is expired though. It's $110.99.

#20 5 years ago

Even the one on eBay the guy sells for $200 after shipping

#21 5 years ago

I added 2 vids that demonstrate some pretty sad ball 1 game play (lots of bricked shots) a special award with a double jackpot. No supers though. The other vid is the fantastic light show at the end of the game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

#22 5 years ago

20140515_140739.jpg yes bought one from ebay. Looks amazing! A must have

#23 5 years ago

Interesting... so one happy eBay customer and one not so pleased one. I was just talking to friends about these toppers today. I still haven't decided if I want the eBay one or the DVD head. If I were to ever sell the game, the DVD head could stay whereas the topper would have to go with it.

#24 5 years ago

You are not going to sell your T2 though. This is like what, your 3rd time around?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You are not going to sell your T2 though. This is like what, your 3rd time around?

So true! FGY is the game for sale now and JM would be the next one. I already have people in line for JM... much, much, much easier to sell the sub 2k games.

I honestly think the eBay topper looks good. The mixed reviews here pretty much brought my topper shopping to a screeching halt.

#26 5 years ago

Sorry for that. It was just my opinion but my friends that came over said the same. If you are local you are welcome to come look at it. Only reason I didn't try and sell it is because I'm too lazy to make one.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from daniel0265:

I'm too lazy to make one

I hear you there. If you do want to sell & ship it, let me know. I dislike the "20-40 days shipping time" from the Argentina eBay guy.

#28 5 years ago

I purchased the following T2 topper off of eBay and never installed it. It's o.k., but I'm not crazy about it like an actual endoskeleton. It sells for $150.

ebay.com link

I'm willing to take a loss and move it for $75 plus actual shipping costs from New York. As stated, it is New, never installed.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Mark

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

I purchased the following T2 topper off of eBay and never installed it. It's o.k., but I'm not crazy about it like an actual endoskeleton. It sells for $150.
ebay.com link
I'm willing to take a loss and move it for $75 plus actual shipping costs from New York. As stated, it is New, never installed.
Please PM if interested.
Thanks.
Mark

ahh I remember that one. Its from the same guy that sells the other one. This was the cheaper one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside