(Topic ID: 215463)

T2 Terminator 2 Problem - Need photo of underside of playfield

By tharjus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have the following problem of a just acquired T2. Bank of 5 Stand-Up targets, when target 3 is hit, lights for target 2 and 3 light up. When target 2 is hit only light 2 lights up. I'm trying to go through the wiring strand by strand, but what I think might help is a very clear photo, specifically a close-up of the wiring connected to the five stand-up targets. I did replace #2 and #3 target with new, unsuccessfully. I've viewed some of the photos on this site relating to this, but the images are not clear enough for a comparison. If anyone has an idea where I could find the images like this it might point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Tom

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from tharjus:

If anyone has an idea where I could find the images like this

I'd check out the other stand up targets in your game. All the wiring is basically the same. White wire ( and what ever color stripe ) and black end of diode goes to one lug. Green wire ( and what ever color stripe ) goes to one lug. And silver banded end of the diode goes to one lug.

Except for the stripe, same wiring at each switch.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I might add. If there is one common wire to all five targets. There may be a jumper wire from the first target where the wire colors are right, and then go from target to target to target in the same spot. Only Williams may have used a solid color wire for the jumper.

LTG : )

#5 6 years ago

Thank you both for the quick replies. I will take a look at another bank of standup targets as a guide. The link to the hi-res images is great, except the bank of five is near edge of photo, cut off and slightly blurry. However, the image of playfield http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album269/t2_78 displayed, is exactly what I was referring to, lights 2 and 3 are both illuminated. Now I'm trying to figure out if that is correct, or just a coincidence since the photo is probably an extended shutter time on camera. I thought this would help narrow down my much larger issue, when target 3 is struck game resets, when target 2 is struck players are added, this doesn't always happen, frequently when targets are hit from cannon, occasionally when hit from plunger. The search continues. Thanks again all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 21.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-terminator-2-problem-need-photo-of-underside-of-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.