Artboard 2 (resized).jpg
sample-location (resized).jpg
t2-sample (resized).jpg
t2-sample (resized).jpg
sample.jpg
20180331_184133 (resized).jpg
terminator-2-pinball-real-chrome-playfield-decals-flipper-1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

After finishing up the Houdini decals, time to move to another machine. T2.

I have completed sizing with snakesnsparklers (thanks again). Before I send this off to print I am looking for feedback. The decals at the top of the sample will be printed on clear vinyl (the yellow areas show where it will be opaque and the rest will be transparent.

Set will be priced at $25. Bump the thread if you wish to get notified when the set is ready.

Cheers,
Flash

t2-sample (resized).jpgt2-sample (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Im not sure these colors mesh with the art on T2 man...could be my monitor though...

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im not sure these colors mesh with the art on T2 man...could be my monitor though...

Ive color picked the colors from the targets themselves. While it might look off right now they will look great once they are tweeked. Samples to follow in the next few days.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Ive color picked the colors from the targets themselves. While it might look off right now they will look great once they are tweeked. Samples to follow in the next few days.

I figured it might be something like that. I like where you are going none the less.

#5 6 years ago

I can help test/measure on my friends T2, he is not a member here but is interested

#7 6 years ago

Where exactly do these all get applied? Like the kickback trajectory logging and cannon for skill shot decals?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where exactly do these all get applied? Like the kickback trajectory logging and cannon for skill shot decals?

I'll show samples once I'm all done. There is still more to come.

#9 6 years ago

I just saw this. I was hoping you would do T2. I was going to get this chrome set.

terminator-2-pinball-real-chrome-playfield-decals-flipper-1 (resized).jpgterminator-2-pinball-real-chrome-playfield-decals-flipper-1 (resized).jpg

But then i got some UV stadium lights for my T2. They really make the UV reactive outlines on the playfield and plastics POP. Is there a way to use that same UV reactive color that is on the playfield in the new decals somehow? That would look awesome. The cannon really needs a redesigned decal. Oh and I'm in if you need another tester.

20180331_184133 (resized).jpg20180331_184133 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Holy shit dude my eyes are bleeding. I don't understand why people use that target for T2 (red and black ones on that apron) as it is not used anywhere in the movie? As for radiant paint it works only when people use a shitload of UV lights and it's expensive and can only be achieved in specific colors. Cannon will stay somewhat the same, I'm aiming the do the back bracket. Also will apply transparent decals on some of the metal guides.

#11 6 years ago

Small update for you guys. Some Metal guides will also get some treatment.

sample.jpgsample.jpg

#12 6 years ago

Holy shit dude my eyes are bleeding. I don't understand why people use that target for T2 (red and black ones on that apron) as it is not used anywhere in the movie? As for radiant paint it works only when people use a shitload of UV lights and it's expensive and can only be achieved in specific colors. Cannon will stay somewhat the same, I'm aiming the do the back bracket. Also will apply transparent decals on some of the metal guides.

Yeah it looks like over kill in pics but in person the UV lights look amazing. Ok, sorry i didn't know the radiant paint costed more then any other paint, makes sense though. Your stuff is always fantastic so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I know you're not doing the cannon but the cannon needs a major update in my personal opinion. Can i pay you to do custom cannon decals on the side then? A one off? Thanks flash for doing this project. I hope to have your decals on all my machines one day!

1 week later
#13 6 years ago

Feedback would be appreciated at this point. Yellow overlays are whiteblocker inks. Most decals on top left will go on ball guides (spefically the ones with pipes and circuitery). Photos of samples https://imgur.com/a/1XZBw

t2-sample (resized).jpgt2-sample (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

These look interesting, however I’m confused on the decals other than the targets... are they applied to ball guides?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

These look interesting, however I’m confused on the decals other than the targets... are they applied to ball guides?

Yes.

#16 6 years ago

Also quick reference file for some of the decals

sample-location (resized).jpgsample-location (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Love the passion and the work your doing here, just not sure how many folks will want to put decals on the ball guides, especially knowing they will invevitably get wear marks pretty quick... unless you are using some heavy duty coating on them, which would need to be super thin or the ball could bounce off the edges ?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Love the passion and the work your doing here, just not sure how many folks will want to put decals on the ball guides, especially knowing they will invevitably get wear marks pretty quick... unless you are using some heavy duty coating on them, which would need to be super thin or the ball could bounce off the edges ?

Decals are made with polypropylene with a glossy laminate overlay for protection. These can withstand a beating and are thin. I can't speak about decal duration since I don't own all the games that I have ever done decals for but in the past almost 5 years of selling various target decals I haven't received one complaint about durability. Others that have bought and used my decals could chime in here. Some places would get wear quicker than other obviously.

#19 6 years ago

i think i would rather see more chrome to match terminator skull on playfield, and i mirror bladed mine. they look nice though

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

i think i would rather see more chrome to match terminator skull on playfield, and i mirror bladed mine. they look nice though

I'm not sure how mirror blades factor into this? Unless I am missing or misinterpreting something. Could you please clarify? Problem with chrome is that most of the chrome things our there are made from paper backing. I couold get silverfoil but then it wouldn't blend that great with the metal guides, I might even not put white backing altogether pending what printer says tomorrow the white backing is just placed to make thing look opaque on the clear poly.

#21 6 years ago

i am just saying i think chrome color would look better.

#22 6 years ago

the ball guide decals?

#23 6 years ago

I really wanna see these on a machine.

#24 6 years ago

I've revised my files. The pipes and techie decals will be printed on clear vinyl, therefore exposing the metal guides shine through the decal in the back. Everything that is white would be 100% clear. The only things now applied to whiteblock are places like the blue and red bands where text is located. Low res sample shown below.

Artboard 2 (resized).jpgArtboard 2 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

This looks very cool. Count me in for a set.

#26 6 years ago

I would like to see them on a machine first.

#27 6 years ago

I'll take a set when they are ready

#28 6 years ago

yeah we need a demo for sure, sometimes on paper they don't look so good.

#29 6 years ago

A sample will be printed and I'll get pictures done.

2 weeks later
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I just saw this. I was hoping you would do T2. I was going to get this chrome set.

But then i got some UV stadium lights for my T2. They really make the UV reactive outlines on the playfield and plastics POP. Is there a way to use that same UV reactive color that is on the playfield in the new decals somehow? That would look awesome. The cannon really needs a redesigned decal. Oh and I'm in if you need another tester.

I can do that in chrome vinyl. I had this idea some moths ago, but I thought in original apron colours over chrome vinyl (only 3 main aprons), in this way all colours become in metallic colours.

About original image you posted, it is very interesting too, with all removed original colours to print only white colour (transparent) over chrome vinyl.

---------------------------------

Hi flashinstinct!

Your project is very interesting. I think it is so cheap if all will be precut. I had some experiences in past with rounded custom targets for Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball here (with over chrome vinyl):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58329348#entry412224197

Results were beautiful!

In my case, I ordered to print over chrome vinyl, gloss mylar protective lamination and precut. Price to make all this, about 35 €. It is not a bad price, but not cheap.

About your work:

- I like so much, but there are a lot of little details. You will need a good plotter (high definition plotter) or a photocopier. Only a photocopier will give you such level of details for your costumers. Looking size layout, I think you chose this last option and laminator machine.

- Bull´s eye design for rounded targets, I think is not right at all. Look for "Terminator Hub vision".

- You would consider to use playfield font in your stickers. It is only a suggestion.

- I encourage you to print all over chrome vinyl.

I wish to see you results soon! Good luck!

Best regards

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Bull´s eye designs for rounded targets, I think is not right at all. Look for "Terminator Hub vision".

Don't forget that there is a rivet in the middle of the target. You had me worried for a second but the target is actually accurate

terminator-vision-2 (resized).jpgterminator-vision-2 (resized).jpg

#32 5 years ago

Don't forget that there is a rivet in the middle of the target. You had me worried for a second but the target is actually accurate

Dont listen to that hack. Its a waste of time.

#33 5 years ago

I just have to prep the file for print, i've been so busy that hobby time as been cut short. Hopefully get every prepped next week and get the ball rolling.

#34 5 years ago

Interested. Let me know when done.

#35 5 years ago

Yes, it is, but is a good choice to make all little details. During design process, it takes some seconds. Some users appreciate these details, you know it.

If all these graphics add precut, it is a very good price!

I like your work!

Best regards

2 weeks later
#36 5 years ago

For those interested I have created a new thread as these stickers are ready for pre-order. Should arrive in my hands by next week.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-metal-guide-and-target-decals-now-available

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-target-decals-tester-required and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.