6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cooke
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPC89-C2.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooke.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm working on a T2 with Column 2 not working. The thing I can't figure out is that it's working enough to let the game boot and play. Let me explain:

Column 2 is the one that contains the "Test Position Always Closed" switch (#24) that allows the game to "see" that the switch matrix is receiving power. If I try to boot the game without J207 connected, the game (obviously) doesn't work and reports the "Check Fuses F114 and F115" error.

Now here's the screwy part: no other switches in that column work. Even at the MPU, shorting row headers to the the column 2 header directly with a wire & diode shows no action on that column, so I'm convinced the issue is on the board. I replaced the ULN2803 and the problem persists. Before I move to the LS374, I want someone to convince me I'm moving in the right direction (or not). It seems odd that the whole column is out except for that one "normally closed" switch.

Board is corrosion-free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey

#3 6 years ago

I have confirmed continuity from J206 and J207 through to each of the appropriate pins on the ULN2803. I have not confirmed continuity between J212-2 and J206-2. If there isn't continuity there, what would that tell me? I also haven't yet confirmed continuity between J206-2 and C12 or R68.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I just went ahead an replaced the LS374 and the issue has now been resolved. The old chip tested bad in my tester. All good now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooke.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-switch-matrix-weirdness?tu=cooke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.