• Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch matrix (resized).jpg
t2 switch61 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone. I'll start off by saying I'm a complete newbie at this. I bought a used T2 a couple of months ago (my first pin!), and brought someone in to fix it up and show me some of the basics, which was a huge help. I've adjusted a few things since then (reconnected an LED that loosened in the socket, and put a rail back in that popped out of the hole). Now I have an issue I'm not sure about...

Over the Easter weekend, the machine started telling me that switch 61, the left ramp entrance, was not responding. I went into test mode, and other switches respond but this one does not. I've manually tried moving the metal strip to force it to register, but nothing. It doesn't seem to click like the right ramp does either. Checked the wires and they LOOK like they're ok, but I'm no expert like I said.

The thing I found weird was when I unplugged the switch under the playfield and then plugged it back in, the game registered it as a successful switch and the error went away temporarily (although the switch still didn't really work). Is that normal?

I assume the switch is bad, but what else should I check to make sure? I've read a multimeter might be helpful - I don't have one, but if that's what I need, I'll buy one (I know I need to buy a bunch of stuff for my pinball toolkit, just have to figure out what ).

t2 switch61 (resized).jpgt2 switch61 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you loosen the screws holding the switch on a tiny bit, you may be able to turn the switch body enough so the switch works better. Then retighten them.
LTG : )

Thank you so much!! I did what you said, unscrewed it a little, and then pressed down on the switch and I heard a "click." It took a little fidgeting with it but now it reliably works! So what I learned is that if a switch stops clicking, that generally means it's stuck closed, right?

I think I should've been able to figure it out from the switch matrix, but I can't figure out how to read it... I'm attaching a picture -- how do you relate #61 to that box in the upper right hand corner of the matrix?

switch matrix (resized).jpgswitch matrix (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks the same as the switch matrix diagram in your manual. Hit a switch and watch it close on the screen. Optos are closed and open when something breaks the opto beam.

I'll be honest, my eyes started to glaze over as I got further into the manual where it was solenoid circuits and such, so I never really looked that close. I just pulled it out again, and the second to last page has the matrix for switches and lamps -- so that's super helpful. Thanks for your help once again, I'm learning!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-switch-61-issue-newbie?tu=Fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.