You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

polished.jpg
IMAG0108.jpg
DSCN0904.JPG
DSCN0898.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdelorenzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Some before pics, except for the last pic:
http://imgur.com/a/GLmmH#0

After pics:
http://imgur.com/a/2iJtF#0

Over the past couple of weeks I mostly stripped down the T2 and did a fairly thorough shop job on it. I busted out the treasure cove polish kit I have sitting around and went to work on it. The playfield wasn't in terrible shape as it is but it looks a whole lot better. All rubbers/posts were replaced except for the yellow sleeve. The balls were replaced as well. Cabinet vacuumed out. Under apron area cleaned up as well. All ramps were cleaned up. I don't have metal polishing chemicals so simple green/elbow grease was utilized.

I only have these 2 pictures on me at the moment, but I will add more.

DSCN0898.JPGDSCN0898.JPG DSCN0904.JPGDSCN0904.JPG

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

In your opinion is the Treasure Cove kit worth the asking price?

I think so, I'll be able to do at least a dozen machines with it. The convenience and time savings in regards to not needing to order each piece individually is enough for me too. Plus the instructions they provide via DVD is pretty nice too. I did have to buy a new high speed corded drill for this though.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looks like one of the nicer T2 playfields out there for sure, nice work. Throw some Novus 2 on that yellow sleeve and it should come right out. For your flippers, it is hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like they are aligned high. Take a toothpick and stick it between the rubber and the flipper and pop it into the alignment hole, then tighten down (also make sure you leave some vertical play on the flipper itself to prevent drag). It looks like your slingshot plastics are between your plastic post and the screw? They go above the screw and post, and then are secured with a nut. These slings are getting harder to come by (as are all plastics for T2), don't want to get them broken sooner than later. I am sure you have it in another picture, but you are missing your hunter ship too.
Honestly not trying to nitpick your game at all, it looks very nice. You should be proud of your work. Just a few things here or there to keep it playing and looking nice.

Rebuilding the flippers is next on my to-do list. They are definitely not perfect and I'll take care of them soon. Good call on the novus for the yellow sleeve. Maybe I'll rub some of the treasure cove compound on it, or just order a yellow sleeve...I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the slingshot plastics though. Could you give more detail or draw on my pics? I'm missing the hunter killer ship. I was thinking of playing a game with everyone to see what is screwed up with my machine, there is more than you saw haha. The AI plastic is broke for starters. Nitpick away, that's how I am learning.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Thats AWESOME!!
Im doing a T2 as well, and fellow pinsider Rum-Z dropped by with his Treasure Cove kit, Im not sure EXACTLY what they go for but after seeing the results first hand I dont care what it costs, Im getting one

Yours looks very nice!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I think the TC kit is worth every penny. Yes, there are some places you can get something similar cheaper, but TC was the pioneer of this kit, and theirs comes with a DVD and all compounds/accessories in one kit.
BTW, the lower slingshot posts are installed incorrectly. The metal post with the hex on top is supposed to go under the slingshot plastic, and a small locknut goes on top.

So basically swap the upper and lower post screws? I merely rebuilt the game how I received it. So some screws may be in incorrect places.

#12 11 years ago

Ahh I think I see, so above the nut built into the screw pretty much?

#14 11 years ago

Okay that makes sense now. Thanks.

#15 11 years ago

OP updated with galleries.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.95
$ 26.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdelorenzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-shopped-out?tu=mdelorenzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.