IMG_4797 (resized).JPG
IMG_4802 (resized).JPG
IMG_4790 (resized).JPG
IMG_4804 (resized).JPG
IMG_4805 (resized).JPG
IMG_4808 (resized).JPG
IMG_4810 (resized).JPG
IMG_4787 (resized).JPG
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago

Man, what a great job. Pretty soon we may hear someone describing a game with the phrase "Thats a nice restoration, not a Sammons, but still very nice"

#152 6 years ago

Great job! Congrats!

#153 6 years ago

Amazing. You are a machine! Looks stunning!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Power supply is in and Getting ready to move the playfield in this beast

Is that Powercoat or paint? Looks good either way!

#155 6 years ago

mollyspub it's actually powdercoat, I have a very good powdercoater neat me that can do all sorts of amazing colors and flakes

#156 6 years ago

Well machine is looking great and everything seems to be working... fried 2x 100.00 mods as they are 5v not 12... lol but getting it all figured out , learning experience

#157 6 years ago

Where did you buy the cabinet decals? They look awesome!

#158 6 years ago

Old mpu board repair time. Going to be like new. Thanks to dumbass for pointing me in the right direction

How come you're not using the rotten dog board?

#159 6 years ago

TimberOne oh I am using the rotten dog one. I fixed the old one and put it on eBay works like new!

IMG_2968 (resized).JPGIMG_2968 (resized).JPG

IMG_2970 (resized).JPGIMG_2970 (resized).JPG

IMG_2969 (resized).JPGIMG_2969 (resized).JPG

IMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2971 (resized).JPG

#160 6 years ago

Not awesome, so far this playfield has posed challenge after challenge. Next up try to resolve left outline being too tight due to inaccurate dimpling in the playfield

IMG_3001 (resized).JPGIMG_3001 (resized).JPG

#161 6 years ago

Finally got my side rails, so threw on the glass guides and the rails. this thing is really starting to look amazing

IMG_3003 (resized).JPGIMG_3003 (resized).JPG

IMG_3008 (resized).JPGIMG_3008 (resized).JPG

IMG_3004 (resized).JPGIMG_3004 (resized).JPG

IMG_3009 (resized).JPGIMG_3009 (resized).JPG

#162 6 years ago

Not awesome, so far this playfield has posed challenge after challenge. Next up try to resolve left outline being too tight due to inaccurate dimpling in the playfield

Damn. How do you solve it?

#163 6 years ago

timberone oh I am using the rotten dog one. I fixed the old one and put it on eBay works like new!

That board is still full of corrosion that will only get worse with time. Please list accurately

#164 6 years ago

That sucks, man! Hope you fix it soon!

Finally got my side rails, so threw on the glass guides and the rails. this thing is really starting to look amazing

So beautiful! Please, stop! I'm so jealous already...

#165 6 years ago

That seems like a serious issue

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That seems like a serious issue

Perhaps its as easy as slightly elongating the hole the ball guide goes through and move it ever so slightly. It wont take much clearance for the ball to pass...

Soulrider911 look at your ball guide almost touching the insert...
You can see it should be a little to the left, exposing most of the insert ring...

20171024_071419 (resized).png20171024_071419 (resized).png

20171024_071813 (resized).jpg20171024_071813 (resized).jpg
But it looks as the ball guide is tight to the rail, hmmm.
Are those the original rails?

#167 6 years ago

flynnibus thankyou for your insight, I have th board in my hand and as far as "full of corrosion" I have to disagree. And it is listed accurately, with detailed photos,with a 14 return policy. I don't "need" the money... but I know people want these boards. So please advise me on what is best.

#168 6 years ago

flynnibus thankyou for your insight, I have th board in my hand and as far as "full of corrosion" I have to disagree. And it is listed accurately, with detailed photos,with a 14 return policy. I don't "need" the money... but I know people want these boards. So please advise me on what is best.

You will need that board in the future, hold on to it.

#169 6 years ago

I think he is getting at the subsurface corrosion, i.e. the dark areas. These have not been neutralized so may corrode away again and cause issues in the future. The board still has value but it takes quite a bit of time to properly neutralize and clean corrosion to prevent it for good.

#170 6 years ago

snakesnsparklers thanks for the clarification, whats the best way to neutralize it? From what I gather vinegar helps?

#171 6 years ago

timberone oh I am using the rotten dog one. I fixed the old one and put it on eBay works like new!

Oh I was wondering if you were having problems with the rotten dog board. On my restore I am debating if I should get the rotten dog or send my board and for repairs. I did a DESW, replacing mb with a rotten dog main board and have had to work out some pin sound issues with it.

#172 6 years ago

TimberOne really!? how so because i was thinking of putting pinsound in this t2?

#173 6 years ago

Have you asked the of manufacturer about the the fault of the lane? Are all pf affected? What is he’s advice?

#174 6 years ago

snakesnsparklers thanks for the clarification, whats the best way to neutralize it? From what I gather vinegar helps?

You need to remove all the components on the dark areas of the board, remove the green solder mask (typically by sanding it off) then neutralize to board with vinegar. Replace the mask on the bare copper traces (finger nail polish works nicely) or apply solder to prevent oxidation. Repair any traces that were eaten away, replace the components. Done!

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You need to remove all the components on the dark areas of the board, remove the green solder mask (typically by sanding it off) then neutralize to board with vinegar. Replace the mask on the bare copper traces (finger nail polish works nicely) or apply solder to prevent oxidation. Repair any traces that were eaten away, replace the components. Done!

Easy!

#176 6 years ago

flynnibus thankyou for your insight, I have th board in my hand and as far as "full of corrosion" I have to disagree

As others have already echo'd - It's still an issue. It's all over U16, U20, the resistor sets above and below U20.. the battery terminals.. the traces are showing signs of corrosion under the mask, and more. Just because the game boots does not mean it's fixed when it comes to dealing with acid corrosion. That board really needs to be depopulated in those areas, sanded, neutralized, and repop'd. That part of the board is also delicate to work on, so it's not for the timid. My point was please don't think just because it boots, it's 100%... and be sure to list it appropriately knowing and documenting the damage. It will become flakey moving forward if that corrosion is not eliminated and the board repaired.

#177 6 years ago

flynnibus I agree with you just cause it boots does not mean it will last forever and to be clear... I was not selling a "flawless reconditioned board" Neither was I hiding anything.... it was as is? Not sure if you are trying to help me or get into a semantics debate. I appreciate all your insights. The listing has been removed, dunzo back to the restore

tezting I think you will be good.. it just took a little tweaking... you have one of these playfields correct?

#178 6 years ago

. it just took a little tweaking...

So its all good now?

#179 6 years ago

tezting I think you will be good.. it just took a little tweaking... you have one of these playfields correct?

Yes. That’s why I follow your thread extra close. Need to know what’s ahead.

#180 6 years ago

tezting my suggestion is to test a ball through both the inner and out lanes when installing the lane guide, that way you can tweak as needed. Literally, a millimeter difference can affect the ball passing through or not. Overall the Playfield is pretty nice,,, I hope yours has a harder clear coat than mine does.

#181 6 years ago

Just when you thought there could not possibly be anymore chrome

Enlight103 (resized).jpgEnlight103 (resized).jpg

#182 6 years ago

Don't forget to stick a block of foam behind the skull if you haven't already.

#183 6 years ago

Right when I thought I was ready to play a game for the first time, i fire it up... the dreaded "check Fuse F114 & F115" message. I'm consistently blowing F114. So according to PinWiki, sounds like the Bridge Rectifier BR01, going to test tonight with my DMM. But probably will need help I'm still new to multimeters.

1 month later
#184 6 years ago

Just got my boards back from Chris and they look brand new! Lamp Matrix, had a few fred resistors, got some new headers installed, and all new caps!

Tomorrow I’m gonna try to fire er up! Fingers crossed.

A3BC1FBE-48F0-4DA8-9FE3-0430F894785A (resized).jpegA3BC1FBE-48F0-4DA8-9FE3-0430F894785A (resized).jpeg

422A14CE-A5F9-4FA8-BE55-99E8F6F2ACE3 (resized).jpeg422A14CE-A5F9-4FA8-BE55-99E8F6F2ACE3 (resized).jpeg

#185 6 years ago

shmexy

#186 6 years ago

It’s alive!! And everything works. Needs a few tweaks here and there. Had to adjust the ball launch guide so the ball hits the center target.

Still need to adjust back lock, ball keeps getting rejected other than that it’s looks just beautiful so pleased

4FB4D50E-2328-45B6-9B9E-A9BBFD973011 (resized).jpeg4FB4D50E-2328-45B6-9B9E-A9BBFD973011 (resized).jpeg

#187 6 years ago

Terminator-Smile.gifTerminator-Smile.gif

#188 6 years ago

Good job soulrider it looks great. I’ve enjoyed fowlowing along with your restoration!

#189 6 years ago

Awesomeness! Arnold approves.

IMG_2033 (resized).JPGIMG_2033 (resized).JPG

#190 6 years ago

We need lots more pics

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

We need lots more pics

^^^ this

#192 6 years ago

Hey guys thanks so much for filling my build, I love sharing with everyone.

I will absolutely post a ton of pics, just waiting on my chrome lockdown bar (current one separated) but I have to say out of my games it’s by far the most eye pleasing!

#193 6 years ago

Hi,
Could you please share what exact holes where missing?
I will tell Peter so that next run of playfields will not have the same mistakes. Hope you will help future buyers ☺️

#194 6 years ago

Hey there tezting sure see attached image, it was a GI hole, fairly large miss IMO.

pic (resized).pngpic (resized).png

#195 6 years ago

Hey there tezting sure see attached image, it was a GI hole, fairly large miss IMO.

Wow!

What about under the playfield? Where all pre drilled holes there?

1 month later
#196 6 years ago

Well it’s been a while since I posted here. Some bad news... well, almost broke my heart lol. Had some friends over around Christmas to celebrate the finishing of T2. Game plays amazing!!! I have it so dialed.

So I walk in the morning after - mind you the game only got about 25 plays as I have 2 others - and I see this:

pay close attention to the advance, jackpot, and lite return lanes. MASSIVE ghosting. My heart basically broke.

9CC5655D-00A7-4F24-921A-CB548ED0790A (resized).jpeg9CC5655D-00A7-4F24-921A-CB548ED0790A (resized).jpeg
DC8A938E-7D11-4854-BAB2-3431E1832C36 (resized).jpegDC8A938E-7D11-4854-BAB2-3431E1832C36 (resized).jpeg
D4F6F740-79B5-4A33-A938-D47F45E02039 (resized).jpegD4F6F740-79B5-4A33-A938-D47F45E02039 (resized).jpeg

I have since talked with peter at Buthamburg, and he could. It have been nicer. Said he has not seen this at all. Turns out s few others did have this issue. He is sending me a brand new playfield, which I am very thankful for.... however I wish I did a ball test beforehand, I am NOT looking forward to doing this all again, as I’m also right in the middle of a fish tales restoration. But as they say shit happens, I’ll get er dialed back in.

#197 6 years ago

What is a ball test? I am sitting on a Mirco playfield for TOM and ghosting concerns me

#198 6 years ago

Hey cosmokramer from I have been told you can test by simply dropping a ball on the playfield from about 6 inches up, ghosting will happen almost immediately.

I have not heard of CPR or micro Having this issue... basically dewaxing cleaner and or just not cleaning the inserts properly can result in ghosting as the clear does not adhere properly. <- that is per Ron Kruzman. I have a fish tales CPR and it’s fine. I dropped a ball in a few spots (not directly on the inserts)

#199 6 years ago

When you said ghosting I thought you were talking about the lights dimming. I see what you mean about the topcoat. Well that sucks, sorry to see that.

#200 6 years ago

Ya TimberOne I was referring to the milky white color you see in the inserts, folks call it “ghosting”. Major bummer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-restoration/page/4?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.