Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 208 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4786 (resized).JPG
IMG_4793 (resized).JPG
IMG_4788 (resized).JPG
IMG_4789 (resized).JPG
IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
IMG_4803 (resized).JPG
IMG_4795 (resized).JPG
IMG_4799 (resized).JPG
IMG_4797 (resized).JPG
IMG_4802 (resized).JPG
IMG_4790 (resized).JPG
IMG_4804 (resized).JPG
IMG_4805 (resized).JPG
IMG_4808 (resized).JPG
IMG_4810 (resized).JPG
IMG_4787 (resized).JPG

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 2 years ago

Hmm good points only problem I see... I bet if I remove them there will already been Indentions and thus can't go back but I'll look into it....
so ya just checked too late already dimpled the decals underneath, I'm going to score them with a razor that way it can't grow

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the 'biff bars' as they are often called are for that. Guide rails that run the length of the flipper and only stand just above the playfield surface. The OP is talking about the rolled pins that are inserted into the PF near the flipper tips AFAIK

Im aware but you'd be surprised how good they are at stopping death saves

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You may want to consider using metal stand-offs on your legs instead of the red plastic ones you are using. Especially with a freshly decal'd cabinet. They can still dig/pinch the decal. The standoffs keep the edge off entirely.

+1 These - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

Restoration is looking GREAT! Keep the updates and pictures coming!

#104 2 years ago

Getting the boards back in, all new fuses, and a brand new mpu board!

IMG_2842 (resized).JPG

IMG_2844 (resized).JPG

IMG_2845 (resized).JPG

IMG_2843 (resized).JPG

#105 2 years ago

I wouldn't even both with batteries even remotely mounted. Get nvram

#106 2 years ago

Can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like with these flipper fidelity speakers

IMG_2846 (resized).JPG

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like with these flipper fidelity speakers

It'll be Thunderstruck!

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I wouldn't even both with batteries even remotely mounted. Get nvram

Why? There's nothing wrong with remote batteries, the holders cost less than a buck, and I've installed dozens in my pins over the years without issue, (though I mount mine further away)

#109 2 years ago

From What I understand many games lose high scores with nvram?

#110 2 years ago

Doesn't keep the time either. No thanks.

#111 2 years ago

NVRAM keeps high scores, settings, etc. the only thing you lose is the clock which on T2 is useless. The cool part about NVRAM for you is the RAM chip is socketed on your new board. All you need to do is pull the chip and install a NVRAM chip.

#112 2 years ago

No, the entire point of NVRAM is to save high scores and settings without batteries. They are less than $20 shipped and you just unplug your existing RAM and replace with the NVRAM.

#113 2 years ago

Or you can just leave the remote holder and move on...nothing wrong with using a remote battery pack.

#114 2 years ago

ya I'm actually fine with it point is... i have a brand new MPU board that will never see acid damage again

#115 2 years ago

Another fun time lapse, installing decals on the Terminator.

Enlight99 (resized).jpg

#116 2 years ago

whats the red spot at the back of the cab? a reflection?

#117 2 years ago

Ya, I think my red toolbox was next to it, so glossy haha.

#118 2 years ago

Got a couple more things done tonight. Soldered up new flipper switches. Cleaned and re declared the lockdown bar and put a new gi socket on

IMG_2868 (resized).JPG

IMG_2869 (resized).JPG

IMG_2870 (resized).JPG

IMG_2873 (resized).JPG

IMG_2874 (resized).JPG

#119 2 years ago

Love the graphics ! Just awesome !

#120 2 years ago

gremlin818 your in luck you can buy them right here: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/wpc-backbox-warning-decal/ from retrorefurbs worth every penny, man i need to get on some kind of referral program with them .
For your second question, I will try to document what it requires to get a smooth finish to your cabinet. In short heat gun and chisel to remove old decals. Then dhesive remover and a razor to scrape glue, Next then sand, then use wood filler to smooth any imperfections, then sand again, then paint the edges... finally light sand before applying decals. It sounds like a lot of work, and it can be. But the time you invest will show... my backbox looks pretty darn amazing... not perfect, but super smooth. Feel free PM me !
ypurchn totally with you I debated about the T1000 kinda looks like a tin can.. and I'm def NOT doing purple everywhere lol, just a few here and there to accent the plastics. and thank you for keeping me in check lol

Thank you so much

#121 2 years ago

Recreated the serials and they came out great!

IMG_2880 (resized).JPG

#122 2 years ago

Very nicely done. You could sell these!

#123 2 years ago

Great job! What kind of blade did you use to cut the decals around the edge of the cabinet? I agree with snake, you should sell the serial decals!

#124 2 years ago

Did you use laser color or injekt printer? When I printed mine on a colorlaser printer the grey looked like turd.

#125 2 years ago

Had a long night last night, but the playfield is basically done! I also got a new T2 Head and it was from Marco, and if any of you have ordered that one the detail is... well... less than optimal. So I decided to do a little painting.

I also opted to NOT use the eye mounting bracket. Instead, I dremmeled out the eye sockets so I could get the eyes to actually "sit" in his head rather than popping out, and just hot glued them in place.

ALso added a few tid bits of stainless here and there

Now I'm just waiting on my stuff to be finished from the powder coater and the final assembly begins!!

IMG_2884 (resized).jpg

IMG_2894 (resized).jpg

IMG_2891 (resized).jpg

IMG_2893 (resized).jpg

IMG_2892 (resized).jpg

IMG_2896 (resized).jpg

IMG_2898 (resized).jpg

BA (resized).png

IMG_2887 (resized).jpg

IMG_2883 (resized).jpg

IMG_2886 (resized).jpg

#126 2 years ago

kornfreak28 I have tried lots of different razors. Hands down the best success I have had is this a box cutter that you can replace the blades easily. The key to clean edges is using a new blade after literally about 2-4 long cuts (like the side of cabinet). ALso, a must have is a very long straight edge to line up the cuts.

A dull blade is almost always the culprit for not straight edges.

raz (resized).png

#127 2 years ago

Hey, wescobar I think I have referred at least 5 folks to https://chromapinball.com/ to buy products as they saw it here in my thread. Can i get a referral bonus

#128 2 years ago

kornfreak28 I have tried lots of different razors. Hands down the best success I have had is this a box cutter that you can replace the blades easily. The key to clean edges is using a new blade after literally about 2-4 long cuts (like the side of cabinet). ALso, a must have is a very long straight edge to line up the cuts.
A dull blade is almost always the culprit for not straight edges.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

#129 2 years ago

amazing work my friend. really enjoying this thread.

#130 2 years ago

Lots of 12v mods on this thing. I don't want to overload the stock power supply so adding in an external.

IMG_2922 (resized).JPG

IMG_2924 (resized).JPG

#131 2 years ago

Custom wiring harness for any and all 12v power needs! Now I just need to find that article on how to make the service outlet switch on and off with the main power

IMG_2925 (resized).JPG

IMG_2926 (resized).JPG

#132 2 years ago

Old mpu board repair time. Going to be like new. Thanks to dumbass for pointing me in the right direction

IMG_2929 (resized).JPG

IMG_2933 (resized).JPG

#133 2 years ago

Got my FF speaker system all wired up and installed the volume control. I was able to find an original schematic, so put that in the back box also.

All I'm waiting for now is my coin door and power box from the powder coater and then in the home stretch

IMG_2930 (resized).JPG

IMG_2931 (resized).JPG

IMG_2932 (resized).JPG

#134 2 years ago

When you installed the coin door decal, Did you use what they call a "coin door plug?" Is it even necessary? Thanks!

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

When you installed the coin door decal, Did you use what they call a "coin door plug?" Is it even necessary? Thanks!

Im not sure how Soulrider911 does his...but I have done a few without a plug and had no problem. I heard from others who have used thinner decals that have had trouble with the front without a plug. I guess it depends somewhat one the vinyl quality.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im not sure how Soulrider911 does his...but I have done a few without a plug and had no problem. I heard from others who have used thinner decals that have had trouble with the front without a plug. I guess it depends somewhat one the vinyl quality.</blockquote

That makes sense, Thanks!

That makes sense, Thanks!

#137 2 years ago

Just picked up all my remaining parts from the powder coater. They came out amazing! I did a gloss black with very subtle metal flake.

Enlight102 (resized).jpg

Enlight101 (resized).jpg

#138 2 years ago

Wow, that whole thing looks AWESOME!! T2 is one of my all-time favorite pins. Don't know why it's not more popular.

#139 2 years ago

How did you clean your pcb's?

#140 1 year ago

kornfreak28 on the boards I used a toothbrush and a rag, and if needed a little alcohol. For the acid damage I used distilled vinegar.

#141 1 year ago

I'm really loving this powder coat almost with I did the whole machine this color haha. Coin door is back in one piece and the apron is back on with some brand new decals. I guess the original Williams bottom decal came in two pieces so if you where a vendor you could put your own logo there? Lame part as you can see in the picture it looks not so good

IMG_2947 (resized).JPG

IMG_2951 (resized).JPG

IMG_2952 (resized).JPG

IMG_2955 (resized).JPG

IMG_2956 (resized).JPG

IMG_2957 (resized).JPG

IMG_2958 (resized).JPG

#142 1 year ago

Looking good! I'll try your toothbrush and rubbing alcohol method on the pcb's

#143 1 year ago

Looks great! I like the powder coating, just enough sparkle, but not too much.

#144 1 year ago

Coin door is in! I added a few custom decals too

IMG_2962 (resized).JPG

IMG_2964 (resized).JPG

IMG_2965 (resized).JPG

IMG_2966 (resized).JPG

IMG_2967 (resized).JPG

#145 1 year ago

Nice font choice! Is that T2 font a regular or custom one?

#146 1 year ago

What a'n awesome restoration. I'm comleted a normal restoration on my new T2 2-3 days ago.
Can't wait for the next photos!

Drumroll................................................................

#147 1 year ago

Coming together beautifully. T2 restorations are strong in the Bay Area - see this older one https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-t2-restoration-with-pictures.

#149 1 year ago

Power supply is in and Getting ready to move the playfield in this beast

IMG_2972 (resized).JPG

IMG_2973 (resized).JPG

IMG_2974 (resized).JPG

#150 1 year ago

It's Alive!

giphy.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside