IMG_4797 (resized).JPG
IMG_4802 (resized).JPG
IMG_4790 (resized).JPG
IMG_4804 (resized).JPG
IMG_4805 (resized).JPG
IMG_4808 (resized).JPG
IMG_4810 (resized).JPG
IMG_4787 (resized).JPG
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago

Cleaned the slingshots and got them all back in, complete with brand new switches

Enlight73 (resized).jpgEnlight73 (resized).jpg

IMG_2670 (resized).JPGIMG_2670 (resized).JPG

IMG_2671 (resized).JPGIMG_2671 (resized).JPG

#52 6 years ago

Spent all evening cleaning and rebuilding the pop bumpers. The playfield needed a slight countersink drilling for the pop bumper fin shank screws. Also re wired the lighting, and finally added some awesome metallic stickers to the po bumper caps.

Also had some chroma pinball nuts lying around figured why not

Looking Better than new!

IMG_2679 (resized).JPGIMG_2679 (resized).JPG
IMG_2680 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPG
Enlight75 (resized).jpgEnlight75 (resized).jpg
Enlight76 (resized).jpgEnlight76 (resized).jpg
Enlight77 (resized).jpgEnlight77 (resized).jpg

Enlight78 (resized).jpgEnlight78 (resized).jpg

Enlight79 (resized).jpgEnlight79 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago

You’re doing a great job man. Keep posting!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Spent all evening cleaning and rebuilding the pop bumpers. The playfield need a slight drilling for the pop bumper bolts. Also requires the lighting, and finally added some awesome metallic stickers to the po bumper caps. Looking Better than new!

Looking good.
What drill did you use? I am not looking forward drilling in mine..

#55 6 years ago

Nice, nice, nice.
How did you recreate the serial number tag?
Are you cleaning the boards? With what? Do you guys think deionized water (pure) would work? I think mfg use this for final cleaning.
Still waiting for cab decals to start mine

I am planning on adding t-molding to the backbox. I hate the end grain plywood look. New games use this. I dont know how others feel about that but i think will be a nice enhancement.

#56 6 years ago

tezting u know what... I actually did not need to drill... I think you can get away with not drilling if you use the right fin shank screws.

The originals have a very shallow depth top. If you end up drilling I used a pretty small countersink bit. You only need to just graze the surface... I actually drilled a tiny bit too deep.

#57 6 years ago

Annnnd this just happened cracked the surface trying to install those stupid metal dowels my heart just broke a little

IMG_2706 (resized).JPGIMG_2706 (resized).JPG

#58 6 years ago

Oh man. That’s tough. Hopefully it’s not super visible once you’re fully populated.

#59 6 years ago

Annnnd this just happened cracked the surface trying to install those stupid metal dowels my heart just broke a little

Does the tip of the flipper hide it? If it does you will never see it.

#60 6 years ago

Oh no, that sucks.

#61 6 years ago

what happened? Was it to tight?

#62 6 years ago

My suggestion don't even install them, I have never understood what they are for Anyway

#63 6 years ago

Onward and upward cleaned and rebuilt both flippers like new!

IMG_2716 (resized).JPGIMG_2716 (resized).JPG
IMG_2717 (resized).JPGIMG_2717 (resized).JPG
Enlight80 (resized).jpgEnlight80 (resized).jpg

Enlight81 (resized).jpgEnlight81 (resized).jpg

#64 6 years ago

My suggestion don't even install them, I have never understood what they are for Anyway

Can you tell what went wrong? That might help prevent others to do the same mistake ☺️

#65 6 years ago

tezting ya I was simply tapping it in with a hammer. However bring that they are compression dowels I did not pre drill as I assume they are supposed to fit right,,, but this playfield with the added clear coat made the tolerances too tight and crack city. That being said slightly open the holes more if you plan to install them. Again I have zero clue what purpose they serve

#66 6 years ago

tezting ya I was simply tapping it in with a hammer. However bring that they are compression dowels I did not pre drill as I assume they are supposed to fit right,,, but this playfield with the added clear coat made the tolerances too tight and crack city. That being said slightly open the holes more if you plan to install them. Again I have zero clue what purpose they serve

Spot to align the flippers. Put a toothpick in the hole... not sure why they 'invested' in putting the pins in tho.

#67 6 years ago

I always thought they were they to stop death saves/ bang backs.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Flipper alignment was what I assumed.

#69 6 years ago

Almost all the ball guides are in. Lots of drilling required to make all the various posts and hardware fit.

Wiring harness is complete, bulb boards back in with color matched 2SMD leds. Also lot the lock holes with red bendies.

Added mr. T1000, and a bunch of awesome chrome decals to the targets. Starting to look good!

Enlight88 (resized).jpgEnlight88 (resized).jpg

Enlight87 (resized).jpgEnlight87 (resized).jpg

Enlight89 (resized).jpgEnlight89 (resized).jpg

Enlight90 (resized).jpgEnlight90 (resized).jpg

Enlight92 (resized).jpgEnlight92 (resized).jpg

Enlight91 (resized).jpgEnlight91 (resized).jpg

Enlight93 (resized).jpgEnlight93 (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

Lots of drilling required to make all the various posts and hardware fit.

So the pre-drilled holes are not worth anything?

#71 6 years ago

tezting the majority of the holes are ok... it's all the post holes that need to be bored. Also just an FYI I have noticed the clear coat is very soft and you can easily scratch it.

#72 6 years ago

Got the remaining posts and rubbers in under the right ramp, I ordered the wrong amount of rubbers luckily I had some blue ones lying around. Also putting in some led post lights that are going to be wired to flash lamps

IMG_2789 (resized).JPGIMG_2789 (resized).JPG
IMG_2790 (resized).JPGIMG_2790 (resized).JPG

#73 6 years ago

Awesome! Love those chrome decals on the stand up targets. Lit posts gonna look great too.

#74 6 years ago

Decals from RetroRefurbs look great!

Enlight94 (resized).jpgEnlight94 (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Slings and right target bank almost done

IMG_2794 (resized).JPGIMG_2794 (resized).JPG

IMG_2795 (resized).JPGIMG_2795 (resized).JPG

IMG_2796 (resized).JPGIMG_2796 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago

Looking good! You're making great progress.

#77 6 years ago

post holes harness

Sorry for all the questions but you are helping me a lot. But what is that? I know What post...

#78 6 years ago

tezting sorry typo, you will need to bore the post holes.

tezting the majority of the holes are ok... it's all the post holes that need to be bored. Also just an FYI I have noticed the clear coat is very soft and you can easily scratch it.

#79 6 years ago

Took a break from the playfield today to put the decals on the backbox, they came out amazing! I know folks are indifferent on the chrome ed decals but for me... it's more terminating

IMG_2800 (resized).JPGIMG_2800 (resized).JPG

IMG_2803 (resized).JPGIMG_2803 (resized).JPG

IMG_2801 (resized).JPGIMG_2801 (resized).JPG

Enlight95 (resized).jpgEnlight95 (resized).jpg

Enlight97 (resized).jpgEnlight97 (resized).jpg

Enlight96 (resized).jpgEnlight96 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago

Took a break from the playfield today to put the decals on the backbox, they came out amazing! I know folks are indifferent on the chrome ed decals but for me... it's more terminating

Looks great! Is the warning decal also from the same supplier?

#81 6 years ago

Yes! Pete @retrorefurbs. And they did a great job, it's a matte finish so it really retains the original look. I ordered one from some other seller for my POTC ( only seller I could find that makes stern ones ) and it came in gloss... never even put it on cause it would look terrible.

This one is awesome quality, and using a heat gun and a soft terry cloth you really get it bonded and free of defects.

#82 6 years ago

I dont dislike the chrome ones, I just like the UV reactive stuff on the factory art.
I'm loving the dog photobombs, mine do the same thing.

#83 6 years ago

Yes! Pete retrorefurbs. And they did a great job, it's a matte finish so it really retains the original look. I ordered one from some other seller for my POTC ( only seller I could find that makes stern ones ) and it came in gloss... never even put it on cause it would look terrible.
This one is awesome quality, and using a heat gun and a soft terry cloth you really get it bonded and free of defects.

Awesome, man!

Can't wait to install mine!

#84 6 years ago

Where did you buy the red nuts? I'd love to get colored ones for a few of my games.

#85 6 years ago

Minneapolispin yes sir Chroma Pinball: https://chromapinball.com/ they make tons of colors and both 6-32 and 8-32!! Wescobar

#86 6 years ago

Okay, I might have to up my offer to $1600...

#87 6 years ago

Keep it up man. I am getting inspired to do mine.
I was going to do the chrome addition but decided to keep in the original theme with the flourescent colors, but i dont know if i will be able to get decals. Both themes look great.

#88 6 years ago

Thats a great point Malenko I did not think of, I am however doing LOTS of UV on the playfield

#89 6 years ago

minneapolispin yes sir Chroma Pinball: https://chromapinball.com/ they make tons of colors and both 6-32 and 8-32!! wescobar

Loved it! Just ordered a few too!

#90 6 years ago

Hello hope all is well i have a t2 that I'm trying to restore but i could use a lot of help i never did a decal restoration. How do i sand the wood with out seeing scratches on the wood and how do i sand the wood filler and make the back box into a point because its kinda curved on my other machine but just to know. Also how did u get the decal for the back of the back box i need one i will pay you if u could get me one. If u respond to me to help another pinsider out it would be much appreciated thank you.

#91 6 years ago

You should have waited like a month before you started putting top side stuff on, the star posts are really going to sink in. Love your resto.

#92 6 years ago

man I don't want to speak ill of your talent because it is at a higher level than mine BUT why are you doing some of these cheesy T2 mods? i.e. the t1000, chrome bumper caps, and the lighted star posts.... No one is going to be able to see all of these nice parts and hard work when you blast the thing with UV light and put unicorn rainbow vomit GI lights everywhere... I know it's doing the work that you enjoy but, I feel like you're going to take away from the hard work by some of the mods you've done. I get it, it's yours, you're paying for it, do whatever you want but, man I would have liked to seen this one kept to the basics.

BTW I think your dog is shitting on the carpet
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#93 6 years ago

Gremlin818 your in luck you can buy them right here: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/wpc-backbox-warning-decal/ from RetroRefurbs worth every penny, man i need to get on some kind of referral program with them .

For your second question, I will try to document what it requires to get a smooth finish to your cabinet. In short heat gun and chisel to remove old decals. Then dhesive remover and a razor to scrape glue, Next then sand, then use wood filler to smooth any imperfections, then sand again, then paint the edges... finally light sand before applying decals. It sounds like a lot of work, and it can be. But the time you invest will show... my backbox looks pretty darn amazing... not perfect, but super smooth. Feel free PM me !

ypurchn totally with you I debated about the T1000 kinda looks like a tin can.. and I'm def NOT doing purple everywhere lol, just a few here and there to accent the plastics. and thank you for keeping me in check lol

#94 6 years ago

Hard work does pay off this backbox was a mess and turned out smooth as butter

Enlight98 (resized).jpgEnlight98 (resized).jpg

#95 6 years ago

i have just finished my T2 chrome edition http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/coming-soon-t2-chrome-edition.36278/
if you need any help or advice feel free to pm me

#96 6 years ago

Found some cool stainless steel T2 lane guides, installed cliffy protectors on all holes, polished the ramp supports and got th cannon wire form in

IMG_2816 (resized).JPGIMG_2816 (resized).JPG

IMG_2821 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPG

IMG_2817 (resized).JPGIMG_2817 (resized).JPG

IMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPG

#97 6 years ago

More backbox and cabinet fun, man these decals are looking good, and pretty proud of my wood filling skills, not bad for a first timer, the front looks smooth as butta

Once again pinball plating knocks it out of the park, their parts are more expensive with good reason

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

IMG_2825 (resized).JPGIMG_2825 (resized).JPG

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPG

IMG_2827 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPG

IMG_2828 (resized).JPGIMG_2828 (resized).JPG

IMG_2832 (resized).JPGIMG_2832 (resized).JPG

IMG_2833 (resized).JPGIMG_2833 (resized).JPG

IMG_2830 (resized).JPGIMG_2830 (resized).JPG

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

the 'biff bars' as they are often called are for that. Guide rails that run the length of the flipper and only stand just above the playfield surface. The OP is talking about the rolled pins that are inserted into the PF near the flipper tips AFAIK

#99 6 years ago

More backbox and cabinet fun, man these decals are looking good, and pretty proud of my wood filling skills, not bad for a first timer, the front looks smooth as butta
Once again pinball plating knocks it out of the park, their parts are more expensive with good reason

You may want to consider using metal stand-offs on your legs instead of the red plastic ones you are using. Especially with a freshly decal'd cabinet. They can still dig/pinch the decal. The standoffs keep the edge off entirely.

#100 6 years ago

Enjoying the thread and making me drool for a T2. I agree, use the metal cab protectors for a fresh cab. The larger plastic ones are good for hiding damage, but can do their own damage as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-restoration/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.