This is the very beginnings of a Terminator 2 Restoration I will be documenting. I know for a lot of people T2 is not a top choice when it comes to a pinball machine. But i'm a huge Arnold fan and have been looking for one locally for quite some time. So I'm pumped to get this thing back to better than new condition. Additionally, I was able to get ahold of the LAST reproduction playfield that Peter at http://www.buthamburg.de/ had!! Buthamburg
Picked up a T2 in fairly decent shape, little rough around the edges (literally haha) but the price was right at 1800.00.
• Playfield is actually in pretty decent shape
• bottom of the playfield looks excellent, no burn marks, no evidence of re-soldering
• Cabinet interior is amazingly clean
• Plastics all intact and appear to be in really good shape, I have not found a crack yet
• Boards are all in really great shape, rom labels fully intact, no evidence of overheating
• Getting an error of "Gun can not find home"
• Cabinet is pretty rough
• overall really dirty, as it was in storage for like 5 years
• Batteries on main CPU board leaked, not too bad, think the board is salvageable and will still work.
• the ball through does not appear to be registering balls that return to it.
Here are some of the before photos.