Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

need some direction please. everything has stopped working in column 4 of the switch matrix (terminator2 pg. 1-26). there is high power to everything. i have changed out chip LS374. but it did not fix. any help is appreciated,
Thanks
Mark

#2 1 year ago

Hi,

Are you sure it is on the boards and not due to a wire cut under pf ?

#3 1 year ago

Yeah - sounds like you have a short to the switch matrix under the playfield.

#4 1 year ago

If you do isolate it to the board, a lot of times it's a loss of continuity on the board that just requires a small jumper. A lot of people jump to conclusions and shotgun replace LM339s without need, and as delicate as through holes are on WPC CPUs, it's a good idea to not replace ICs unless warranted.

#5 1 year ago

physically check every switch and connection involved in the column thats out. They are daisy chained so checking the one closest to the back of the playfield first may expedite your findings.
More than likely a broken wire or a bad pin on the connector. Especially if any acid damage was ever in the area of the cpu...check this area well , [hint] look for green pins.
Good luck. Great game. Post back what you find.
Cheers

#6 1 year ago

my friend who owns the pins informed me that there was a short while changing GI bulbs with it on ...uugg. ive checked the wiring, but im waiting for some CPU chips to replace. ill keep you posted thanks

#7 1 year ago

You probably killed your u20. That chip drives columns and likes to burn out with shorts. Get yourself a ULN2803.

#8 1 year ago

thanks everyone, i'm currently waiting for some ULN2803's to arrive. will let you know the outcome

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

T2 finally up and running. the ULN2803 did the trick. thank everyone

#10 1 year ago

If it makes your friend feel better, I just fried my u20 and u14 adjusting the popper switch with the power on. In a T2.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside