Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by videorob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10409138_10152077819722396_6324655374715426602_n.jpg
20140902_131.JPG
20140902_117.JPG
20140902_115.JPG
20140902_93.JPG
20140902_95.JPG
20140902_90.JPG
20140902_92.JPG
20140902_88.JPG
20140827_222826.jpg
image-884.jpg
image-86.jpg
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
terminatorplayfield1.JPG
terminatorplayfield2.JPG

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Man when it rains it pours, STTNG, High Speed and now a T2 has come up all in the last week for me. Please let me know what you think as a fair price for this T2, the left and right slingshot plastics are broke but everything else is intact and outside of a good cleaning nice overall condition. Here's some pics and also some of the boards incase you guys see anything to be alarmed about. Thanks for the advice.

t21.JPG t22.JPG t23.JPG t24.JPG t25.JPG t26.JPG t27.JPG
#2 6 years ago

Heres the boards.

terminatorboards.JPG terminatorboards1.JPG terminatorboards2.JPG terminatorboards3.JPG terminatorplayfield.JPG terminatorplayfield1.JPG terminatorplayfield2.JPG
#3 6 years ago

Try to get it for $1500-$1600. You are in Canada though and pins are higher up there.

#4 6 years ago

Hard to tell if the inserts are lifted with the picture quality. If they are good and the cabinet is nice and unfaded I would say around 2K which is west coast pricing.

I was only able to find sling plastics on Ebay and they are thin and not very good in quality...better than broken ones tho!

#5 6 years ago

Whats up with the HK ship? I've never seen one that looks like that.

#6 6 years ago

If it's really nice $2k plus

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Whats up with the HK ship? I've never seen one that looks like that.

Backwards?

#8 6 years ago

No it looks like its been reconfigured somehow?

#9 6 years ago

In Canada it will be tough to get for less than 2000, most collectors up here go to the states and pay 1500 then tax still below 2000. I don't mind paying 2K seems like he wants a lot. I know they made a shit load of T2's but in all reality they don't come up very often here.

#10 6 years ago

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG
#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

No it looks like its been reconfigured somehow?

Well, backwards AND reconfigured?

#12 6 years ago

Heres a close up of mine and the pic from the Op.
image-86.jpgimage-884.jpg

#13 6 years ago

Yeah I just called him and the ship is broke at the back, fixed with aluminum tape. Shit its getting worse.

#14 6 years ago

They are readily available...$45

#15 6 years ago

Around here, $1600 would probably be a very fair price. I'd assume around $2000 in Canada.

#16 6 years ago

Looks like my HK ship as well. T2's are getting harder to get so I don't think 2K is overly high. They go for that and more in New England.

Then again...Everything is more expensive in New England.

#17 6 years ago

20140827_222826.jpg

#18 6 years ago

I paid $1750 but shopped out nice and clean.....$2000 plus is a tad much....but worth the few extra bucks if you really want one....play it before you buy it...!!!!..........Joey

#19 6 years ago

Yeah....unshopped and no mods....I can see 1500 to 1600. Looks like the one you're thinking about has some mods and some LED's. If the inserts are nice and little to no wear AND if the cab is good....I could see 1600 in it just because of location, location, location.

Like many have said.... try to see it in person and play it. Really the only way to tell if it's worth it to you. We can quote prices all day but in the end it all comes down to what you're comfortable paying.

From a playing point of view....I love it! Keeps me entertained and is a blast competing with other friends for HS. There is plenty going on for rules and alot of room to do some custom mods. Depending on the age group in your house.....I would suggest the swear rom upgrade. Nothing like having your pin telling you to "Go fuck yourself"!!!

#20 6 years ago

Oh I'm well versed on playing T2 and it plays real nice, feels solid any complaints are cosmetic. He won't budge from 2500. I just don't want to lose it, Damn this hobby.

#21 6 years ago

I own a T2 and it is a pretty darn fun game.It doesn't seem to get old to me.If its in nice condition all the way around I don't think 2k is out of the question.

#22 6 years ago

$2500 is way much....that is T3 pricing.....more than 2 grand not shopped out is just a bit rediculous if you ask me....another WILL come along.....good luck.......Joey

#23 6 years ago

It doesn’t appear to have much done to it (stuff replaced, shopped) to warrant over 2. Don't get in too much over the top with wanting to buy T2, as there are no plastics for it, and T2 is the one game everyone remembers, everyone has to buy at one point, and everyone sells.

Solid machine for sure, once you get good at picking supers, it becomes a one trick pony.

#24 6 years ago

I agree, but up here even a T3 is going for 3500 minimum in good condition. Rule of thumb is to add 500 to whatever it would be worth in the States. I'm going to try and be patient but man its tough.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Rule of thumb is to add 500 to whatever it would be worth in the States.

I don't know about that. I'm in Canada as well, and althoughtsome titles are much higher, some are not. $2,500 would be for a shopped one looking very nice.

But if you have to have it, sometimes you overpay, been there

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Don't get in too much over the top with wanting to buy T2, as there are no plastics for it.

I bought one of these HQ reproduction plastics and they look great. You can get the entire set if you really needed to replace a bunch of broken ones.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinball-parts-game-terminator-c-46_51.html?page=2&sort=2a&language=en

#27 6 years ago

For me the game gets kinda old after a while but the theme is really cool.....

Consider that in the value.

Again for me I would say 2500 is high based on the broken bits - even in Canada

#28 6 years ago

Thanks LITZ. I'm still on the fence with this pin but most likely I will buy it. Could always sell even at a minor loss if a mint example comes up down the line. So hard to pass up pins especially ones I really want.

#29 6 years ago

Now you sound like most of us Hazoff. Lol

Quoted from Hazoff:

Thanks LITZ. I'm still on the fence with this pin but most likely I will buy it. Could always sell even at a minor loss if a mint example comes up down the line. So hard to pass up pins especially ones I really want.

Plus they are always fun to fix and work on.... Never perfect.

#30 6 years ago

As long as the inserts aren't raised I would stop at $2200. If your like me you will put a couple hundred in it and you will sell it in 6 months

#31 6 years ago

At 2500 I would doubt he has a line of people after it but it is in Canada so maybe?

#32 6 years ago

$2200-2500 shopped is a fair price for a machine in great shape. That one in particular.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from t2:

At 2500 I would doubt he has a line of people after it but it is in Canada so maybe?

Not here.....at $2500 you would hear crickets.

#34 6 years ago

People seem to ask $1,700 - $2,500 for T2. The HK ship can be bought new for $50. And that one needs to be replaced because it looks dumb. Slingshot plastics pop up on eBay for between $20-$50 all the time. So you are looking at $100 of purely cosmetic issues that a complete novice could fix. That isn't bad at all.

The inserts don't look worn at all and someone will have to correct me if I am wrong but I see zero playfield wear. Well I am sure it has some in the shooter lane and where the ball drops for the ramps but you know what I mean.

Judging from my own experience in selling games (T2 twice), I do not believe anyone gets $2,500. I would say a good price for both sides would be $1,700 - $1,800. If you can get it for less, then more power to you. The seller may need money and may need it now. People are really weird behind the scenes. I have pinsiders offer me $200-$250 for games listed around $2,000. I see these same people cheerleading for sale threads for games they own.

And of course, if you are in an area where games are hard to find you may have to pay a tad of a premium. And I will tell you one thing, if you pass and someone else gets it for under $2,000 a bunch of people will show up and talk about how good of a deal that was.

I would not be scared off by the ship or plastics.

#35 6 years ago

I don't even have the spy plane, otherwise I think mine is in great shape and honestly I still love the game. I would think 2k.

#36 6 years ago

I have sold a few T2's none of them went below $2500.00. The one you are looking at I would say around $1900.00.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I don't even have the spy plane, otherwise I think mine is in great shape and honestly I still love the game. I would think 2k.

That's no spy plane, my friend! It both hunts and kills ...

#38 6 years ago

Well this is a bit ironic but I just seen one of my old machines listed here. Just a reference not trying to pull off topic. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awesome-custom-williams-t2-for-sale-or-trade-in-west-mi-49460#post-1874213

#39 6 years ago

I've learnt it is very hard asking for price checks on pinside as Canadians pay much more for pins then the States does. To put things in perspective though I bought a T2 earlier this year that had all the mods done to it, was fully LED'd, had a flawless playfield and was fully shoped with new white rubbers and super bands for $2100.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Don't get in too much over the top with wanting to buy T2, as there are no plastics for it.

And you can get the entire plastic set for T2 one piece at a time from Pinballcenter.eu so they are not hard to find at all.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinball-parts-game-terminator-c-46_51.html?language=english

#40 6 years ago

Here's the final lot of pics with better lighting, he still won't budge on the 2500. What the hell should I do? Man I have zero patience when it comes to buying pins, see it want it.

20140902_88.JPG 20140902_90.JPG 20140902_92.JPG 20140902_93.JPG 20140902_95.JPG 20140902_115.JPG 20140902_117.JPG 20140902_131.JPG
#41 6 years ago

The PF looks decent, but you need to look at it in person and run your hand over the inserts in T2 to be sure. They can raise really badly. If you buy, tell them this is based on seeing in person as the final say.

If that's not a problem, it's still unshopped and has many broken/cracked plastics/toys. Sure, that's $15 here, $50 there, but if you tear this down for a shop, you'll come to see it adds up very fast. I was not aware anywhere had full plastics sets, but looks like you can get most.

I'd tell them you're sticking to 2k, but given there are other pins in the back, and this person is probably in the scene with the garage projects piling up before fall, and the wife wants them out, he is likely reading this thread, and you already noted you're trigger happy - they won't be budging for you now.

#42 6 years ago

If your going to spend $2500 on a T2, you might want to look at this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-t2-hs-f14-in-the-north-east

It's the same price and WAY nicer! And it is not too far from you. Maybe the seller would meet you half way or something?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

If your going to spend $2500 on a T2, you might want to look at this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-t2-hs-f14-in-the-north-east
It's the same price and WAY nicer! And it is not too far from you. Maybe the seller would meet you half way or something?

The problem with that deal is the 13% at the boarder.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Not really, if you are willing to travel. The exchange and taxes will easily be less than the replacement parts, rebuild parts, and shop time for this nicer one. Even shipping it is debatable for the extra $ vs time shopping.

#45 6 years ago

I paid $1700 for mine last year. It was obviously on route in the past and has the usual wear, but plays good. I decked it out in blue LED and it looks awesome now. I also added under-the-cab LED lights to make it really pop. I made the rookie mistake of changing bulbs with the machine turned on a fried some stuff. $200 later, my service guy had it up and running again.

10409138_10152077819722396_6324655374715426602_n.jpg
#46 6 years ago

If he won't budge I wouldn't either. If he comes off the price even a little then you have a good excuse and should go for it.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh I'm well versed on playing T2 and it plays real nice, feels solid any complaints are cosmetic. He won't budge from 2500. I just don't want to lose it, Damn this hobby.

I am looking at all the prices suggesting $1600. We retail shopped ones for $2600 all day. I shipped one to Canada recently and he paid us $2550. When you guys list values, I often wonder whether that is what you can really buy the game for, or if that is simply the price you would want to pay. $1600 for a T2 is awesome if you can really find one for that. But can you? And how long do you want to wait around? $2500 in Canada is not at all unreasonable. The seller probably did his homework. I rarely find them wholesale for $1600 these days. I would suggest respectfully pointing out the issues and if he is reasonable, that would hopefully justify a better price in his mind. It should be shopped out for that price. $2200 in your market is probably fair.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Where is the problem in that? Even if he claims the full amount that he pays for it, that's just over $300. There is no way he could put $300 into the game he is looking at in Canada and have it look as good as the one stateside. Even with boarder tax and gas money, it's still a better deal IMO.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball4life:

We retail shopped ones for $2600 all day.

Seems like "retail" and "shopped" are the keys there -- OP's doesn't appear to be from a retail shop so presumably none of the support (plus any potential warranty) you get going that route. And doesn't sound like it's been shopped in any meaningful sense.

#50 6 years ago

Its over the guy now is saying he wants 250 bucks to deliver which is about 4hrs away and I'm not a guy who travels for pins, plus it would cost me close to that much to rent a truck and gas. I'm going to wait but want to say thank you very much for all the advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside