(Topic ID: 11073)

T2 - Price check on Terminator 2 (with pics)

By HitLines

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by vster23
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T2_#2.JPG
T2.jpg
6847406617_0f1fde6f74_b.jpg
DSCI4766.JPG
DSCI4761.JPG
DSCI4760.JPG
#1 12 years ago

After picking up a JD about a month ago I'm onto my second pin. I've only been a member for 2 months but this addiction has taken hold.

What areas should I look over for common wear or broken plastics? I have not seen this pin in person but I don't believe it has any mods. The left side lock appears to have wear near the hole and the apron could use a little love (or be replaced). I was going to make an offer around $1200-1400 on this routed pin. I'd love to hear what you all have to say. Thanks!

DSCI4760.JPGDSCI4760.JPG DSCI4761.JPGDSCI4761.JPG DSCI4766.JPGDSCI4766.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Check under the head, lots of them have wear there and the inserts on the path take a beating. Make sure the canon loads and fires properly.

It is missing the ship(common) but $65 part and multiple chipped plastics that I can see...both slings, plastic to the right of the head path.

Wear at the lock as you stated.

I would try to get it for $1000. There are alot of T2's out there and personally have had three and the nicest one all cleaned up in great shape with LED's sold for $1500.

My two cents

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from HitLines:

I was going to make an offer around $1200-1400 on this routed pin.

You're pretty dead on there.

#4 12 years ago

I have seen real nice ones for sale at $1200, shoot under that.

#5 12 years ago

Hmm... needs more T2 mod.

Anyway yeah, I just sold a MINT, fully shopped one for $1200 up here in Canada-land. I'd aim for $1k on this one as you'll be putting money into it to bring it up to par.

6847406617_0f1fde6f74_b.jpg6847406617_0f1fde6f74_b.jpg

#6 12 years ago

If I could find one for $1000-1100 I would buy it today.

#7 12 years ago

Don't overpay for a T2.....another one will show up for sale soon enough.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Don't overpay for a T2.....another one will show up for sale soon enough.

This is what I keep thinking as well. There are a ton of them. I want one but won't pay $1500+ for one.

#9 12 years ago

Actually the guy was asking $1600 for it so I thought $1100 was more than fair considering. Thanks everyone. I think I'll be walking away (and still happy).

#10 12 years ago

Yeah, good move. $1,100 was more than fair. Ship missing, etc. The flippers also look a little facocked! Better to spend a few hundred more and get a great one. Very cool game!

#11 12 years ago

The biggest thing with T2's, and many of Steve Ritchie pins from back then seems to be the raised inserts. T2's and F14's for example, with the large inserts, always seem to raise. I just got a nice one with nothing raised and no wear, which is rare for these.

That apron is beat to shit too.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from HitLines:

I think I'll be walking away (and still happy).

Yea sometimes you need to just let it go and move on if the deal is not right for you. Hope you find a second one soon.

#13 12 years ago

They made a LOT of T2's, you won't have any trouble finding one for a good price.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

If I could find one for $1000-1100 I would buy it today.

This is the range i would try to stay in. In this condition maybe $900.

#15 12 years ago

I've never seen that melting mod, that is awesome

#16 12 years ago

Routed and Un-Shop'd ,, I'd Start the offer @ $ 800.00 and see where that goes. T2 isn't the Deepest Pin but it's still Fun... Good Luck ,, if you get it , Pimp it out w/ CoinTaker Led's !!

I bought my last T2 for $ 900.00 , Needed Shop'n , The glass hadn't been off in 8 yr's !! Looked Good tho.

T2.jpgT2.jpg T2_#2.JPGT2_#2.JPG

#17 12 years ago

Good luck. It seems all the right pins are just a few hundred off of the perfect deal lol!

#18 12 years ago

Cool a fellow kansas city area person! I have seen at least 3 different T2's in our area in the past year. The other two were 1200 and 1300 but I couldn't tell the condition from the pics on craigslist. T2 is a fun game I played it all the time back in the late 90's and kinda got bored with it. I still like playing it but not gonna own it anytime soon.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

pinball_customs said:

+1, me either, sweet mod. I miss my T2. BTW, T2 seems to be the only $1k range DMD pin that is consistently the best bang for your buck. JM, TS prices seem to have gotten a bit high recently.

#20 12 years ago

pass man t2 are a dime a dozen adn can be found for 700-900 in good shape. Any where in the pop bumper areas? lock wear? skull lock wear? teeth wear? cpu wear pass.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

mojozone said:pinball_customs said:
+1, me either, sweet mod. I miss my T2. BTW, T2 seems to be the only $1k range DMD pin that is consistently the best bang for your buck. JM, TS prices seem to have gotten a bit high recently.

He makes them! Talented dude. I bought his painted one.

#22 12 years ago

That's an $800 game in the condition its in, IMO

#23 12 years ago

Damn, I need to find out where you guys are buying pins.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

NY2Colorado said:Don't overpay for a T2.....another one will show up for sale soon enough.
This is what I keep thinking as well. There are a ton of them. I want one but won't pay $1500+ for one.

theres a reason everyone ends up owning this game at some point. Its on craigslist 6x a year and always around 12-1500. Who wouldn't jump at that...

#25 12 years ago

Hi vster23! Have you seen any TZ or TAF hit our parts in the last 6mo or so? That's what I really want. T2, like others were saying, is just something I feel I would have to own at one point. It's likely not a long term keeper but the JD is so lonely all by its self.

#26 12 years ago

There is the cool Hunter/Killer Ship mod with the LED lights under it! I got it, but not installed yet...

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is the cool Hunter/Killer Ship mod with the LED lights under it! I got it, but not installed yet...

Yes! This one here:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_41&zenid=fhjj8fe8ddjm00p73p29v3cik4

Looks very cool

#28 12 years ago

If anyone knows of a good deal on one in or around PA please let me know.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

He makes them! Talented dude. I bought his painted one.

Just saw this! Thanks, brother..

#30 12 years ago

Hitlines, I haven't seen a TZ in awhile been well over a year and I think they wanted 4800 for a routed one. The was a TAF for 4500 on CL about 2 weeks ago, not a very good pic so don't know the condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-price-check-on-terminator-2-with-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.