Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by drummermike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
1922228_o.gif
Arnold.gif
1184034057.gif
lick.gif
th_terminator85si.gif
ani-zombie-01sm.gif
1184034057.gif

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 months ago

Owning a T2 is like owning a piece of history.

#102 3 months ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Owning a T2 is like owning a piece of history.

Owning a T2 is like owning a pinball worth more in parts then as a whole.

#103 3 months ago

If some one rewrote the code for t2 and added an lcd with movie clips the game could be off the charts awesome.

#104 3 months ago

I own both and I prefer T3.

#105 3 months ago

Pinside- Rating guidelines with my opinions:

PLAYFIELD LAYOUT
When rating the game layout, think of the placement of parts on the playfield. This determines the variety and feel of the shots.
Winner T2. It is a Williams’s Game.

GAME RULES
Next up are rules and scoring logic. It should be clear what shots are needed and the points scored should be well balanced.
Winner T3. It has a Wizard mode.

TOYS AND GIMMICKS
Then think of the gimmicks. Every good game should have at least one 'cool feature' that makes you want to play it! GAME PLAY:
Winner T3. It has RPG (back glass toy) and you are try to destroy TX 1000 with nice animations and call outs.

And finally, how does it play? Is the overall feeling like a well oiled engine or like a rusty old truck?
It is a Draw Both games have a really good flow. T2 has more solid feel but T3 has three metal ramps.

My Final verdict: T3 is a better game. It is a newer game with better animations and call outs plus a wizard mode.

#107 3 months ago

Lol.. zombie post.. I'll bite.

I wouldn't even want to compare them. The only similarity they have is the franchise. Completely different games play-wise. Both great and iconic IMO.

Of course, T3 is younger but in addition, I would propose it has aged better overall, the classic fan layout, and metal ramps make it feel and flow like the newer games. This is a subjective preference obviously, but it plays like a fast modern game.

With 7 modes of backbox play, it is very unique and a keeper always for me.

It could use some tweaks to the code, I keep thinking how cool it would be if you could control the target in the Backbox and the CPU were shooting at you

Tons of Schwarzenegger call outs: "You Suck", "You're shoe is untied". So awesome.

Wish they had more of Kristanna Loken, but even what they have is great.. "Player 3, I like you" Game still features her as the TX.

To anyone that says T3 is easy, I have no idea what sort of set up you are running, but I would suggest it can be a very difficult game when set up to be so.

-------

As many others have said, if it comes down to theme, T2 is the most nostalgic, it's a better movie, and very significant with this in mind. If that is the number 1 factor for you, get T2.

... for every other aspect, for me T3 is a better game, no question... 2003 was a very good year for pinball.

#108 3 months ago

I had both. T2 is a better game for multiplayers, T3 is cool for a few weeks.
If i have to take one back, T2, no hesitation.

#109 3 months ago

Had both, prefer and still have T3

#110 3 months ago

T2. Should have kept mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ruskin, FL
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside