image.jpg
1922228_o.gif
Arnold.gif
1184034057.gif
lick.gif
th_terminator85si.gif
ani-zombie-01sm.gif
1184034057.gif
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Arnie will always be Back,I wonder how many times he's used that line in all the different movies he's been in?

#52 11 years ago

Both are good. I think T2 came in during a time in the 90's where modes and rules were still not as heavily influential (ahem...or leaned on as much) in the overall design. So it has this very classic Ritchie idea of making one objective really challenging, unique and cool...multiball...with most of the playfield designed around that one objective. I mean, you can't deny that multiball is pretty damned unique. Your only jackpot shot is to re-lock the balls and fire the cannon. Super jackpot is re-loading the cannon and firing while controlling the remaining multiball (!!!). That's brutal.

T3 you kind of lose that unique multiball for more traditional jackpot shots, but there are a ton of little things going on like the quickdraw robot shoot out and RED that seem cool. Payback time seems so much more worth going for in T3 IMO. I dunno the rules in and out though. Some people don't like the RGP replacing the playfield cannon, but I think it is a clever idea. There are a ton of whack interactive backglasses out there, this isn't one of them.

Artwork T2 blows T3 out of the water. The Terminator skeletal robot was utilized really well on T2 and makes the whole machine look menacing and cool. T3 it's an aging arnold and a robot head that does not evoke the same feel as a robotic death skull.

I use to lean heavily towards T3 gameplay wise, but now...hell...I changed my mind and stand in the middle. If you need your depth to be more modern, as in mode depth, I think T3 is going to edge out to be your game of choice. If you need your depth to be more traditional, where depth is more in the physical gameplay design, T2 is going to edge out as the Terminator you wanna play.

I just ranted all over your year long thread.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I just ranted all over your year long thread.

Thank you, and I have no problem with that it helps out in the future if anyone wants to know about the two.

#54 11 years ago

I just bought both. Sold T2 first, and just sold T3. T3 for me all the way. I think T2 gets the nod from a lot of people because it's an early DMD machine and many remember it fondly (kinda like TAF). Just my opinion, but T2 did nothing for me.

#55 11 years ago

What makes T2 awesome is the multiball but, that's the only thing it has going for it. Lock the balls for a 2x-3x jackpot and your having fun. Lock the balls again for a super and your almost hooked. Nail a couple supers in a row and you wont want to stop playing it. T3 doesn't have the tension and excitement that T2 has during those super jackpot shots. 2 melting Terminator thumbs up!

1922228_o.gif1922228_o.gif

1 year later
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Owned both... Promptly sold T3... Still own T2.

^^^ not any more^^^

#57 10 years ago

T2 is hectic and gets your heart going, T3 is zzzzzzz.

#58 10 years ago

My first impression of T3 was that it looks and feels cheap and ugly with a horrible photoshopped playfield and backglass. Any pin that uses crappy photo-manipulated images or textures is crap "in my opinion".

#59 10 years ago

How do you really feel?

#60 10 years ago

T3
Deeper rules
A Backbox toy
Better animation in dmd
Yes t2 is a all time classic but t3 is fun

#61 10 years ago

I'd prefer T2 over T3 .. more classic

#62 10 years ago

T3 but I'll take DM or JD over both.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

My first impression of T3 was that it looks and feels cheap and ugly with a horrible photoshopped playfield and backglass. Any pin that uses crappy photo-manipulated images or textures is crap "in my opinion".

We're talking about a pinball machine, i.e., a commercial gaming device that is ment to be played. Not a piece of artwork meant to be hung on the wall.

That said, it's T3 over T2, all day long. Great metal ramps and difficult timed combos. More stuff to do. Great backbox mode.

T2 has some good features. But what I *detest* about this game is the scoring emphasis placed on a non-pinball shot (the lame "cannon"--don't like it on STTNG or ACDC either). In T2, the cannon shot is what starts multiballs AND scores jackpots, actual flipper shots be damned. I don't think so. I'll take T3. Every. Day. All. Day.

#64 10 years ago

I had both. T3 HUO and absolutely mint. T2 was chromed (legs, gun handle, side rails, etc.) and full LED. It looked amazing. In spite of that, T2 has left and T3 is still here. I enjoy T3 more. I have to admit you need to get over how ugly it is.

T3 better game play

T2 better looks

Cheers,
Duane

#65 10 years ago

Needs a poll. T2 >>>>>>>>>T3.

#66 10 years ago

OP was 2 years ago... unless they come back to this thread, that probably ain't happening

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

We're talking about a pinball machine, i.e., a commercial gaming device that is ment to be played. Not a piece of artwork meant to be hung on the wall.

Some collectors also consider Pinball as a work of art. As well the terrible artwork on T3 is distracting and throws off the entire experience for "some of us".

The cannon on ST:TNG and T2 are incredibly fun, what's not to like about it? However, we all have different opinions and thats what makes pinball so good. lol

#68 10 years ago

I say T2, it's the original.

#69 10 years ago

I'll be back...

#70 10 years ago

If anyone's in the market for a T3, hit me up. Mine's ready to go. HUO, prev owned by the writer of the movie (translite is autographed). Shopped out, LED'd, plays great.

#71 10 years ago

T#3 over 2 but not by Much
If anyone in South Florida needs a T3 I also have a Very sweet example . Not owned by anyone famous but me Baltar

11 months later
#72 9 years ago

I command this thread...Resurrected...!!!....T2 all the way....I like playing on the whole playfield...not having half of it cluttered.........You.....???...........Joey

#73 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#74 9 years ago

T2 without a second doubt, for every possible reason.

#75 9 years ago

T2 is way better. T3 is just a copy of T2 but not done as well.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone's in the market for a T3, hit me up. Mine's ready to go. HUO, prev owned by the writer of the movie (translite is autographed). Shopped out, LED'd, plays great.

Where...DO...you get these toys.....

#77 9 years ago

T2. had mine for 15+ years, still love it

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hi Guys,I'm planning on buying another pin but i can't make up my mind between T2 or T3.Which one do you think would be better as far as gameplay and more challenging?Thanks,Mike

T3 all the way, deeper rule set great ramp shots and a bonus mini back box game........

#79 9 years ago

T3, but both are good. I like having a wizard mode so T3 for me. If you are talking the movies...hands down T2!

#80 9 years ago

Demo Man.

#81 9 years ago

T3. I had one then grabbed a HUO when it popped up. T2 is no slouch, but there's something about the audio in T3 (yes i know it's BSMT 2000) that grabs me.

-c

#82 9 years ago

Love your line up. We have two of the same pins (T2 and HS2) in our 3 pin collections. I do see you have WCS on your wish list though. I like BK2000, but I may be looking for a Stern next. Will it be a Steve Ritchie? Probably. Or at least John Borg.

#83 9 years ago

I really like my T2. Once I got 2 Super Jackpots in one game I was hooked!

I have not played T3 yet, but a pinhead friend of mine just got one. Can't wait to give it a try.

#84 9 years ago

T2 is fun and a classic, but T3 is better IMHO

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Love your line up. We have two of the same pins (T2 and HS2) in our 3 pin collections. I do see you have WCS on your wish list though. I like BK2000, but I may be looking for a Stern next. Will it be a Steve Ritchie? Probably. Or at least John Borg.

A lot of people seem to have both T2 and HSII (They are pretty common). I think I want a deeper game like LOTR or Shadow, but Steve Ritchie shallow stuff is too fun. Breakshot is the next in the lineup for me. Who needs complex rules anyway?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

T3 all the way, deeper rule set great ramp shots and a bonus mini back box game........

What he said. I've had 2 T2s and 2 T3s over the years. Recently traded my T3 and had to get another. Great value pin. Very fast and alot of fun.

Cheers,
Duane

#87 9 years ago

Much like the movies, I greatly prefer T2.

#88 9 years ago

Owned both, sold T2, like T3 much better.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

A lot of people seem to have both T2 and HSII (They are pretty common). I think I want a deeper game like LOTR or Shadow, but Steve Ritchie shallow stuff is too fun. Breakshot is the next in the lineup for me. Who needs complex rules anyway?

The deeper a pin is, the more of a chore it is to play if you ask me. I like my pins dumb, fast and blonde! I don't like to think too much while a play pinball.

#90 9 years ago

They're both cool and fun. T2 looks better.

#91 9 years ago

Put some time on both decks (preferably on multiple copies of these games) and pick the one that you feel is more entertaining. Do your homework and choose, or... listen to your inner hoarder, get both as well as a copy of Last Action Hero.

Enjoy the ride!

#92 9 years ago

F#ck you As#hole......... .........Joey

#93 9 years ago

Give it another year, and THIS THREAD WILL BE BACK

#94 9 years ago

T2 has way better artwork, is based on a way better film and a more open layout, but T3 is the far better game. Better audio, rules and things to do.

T2 is my favorite film of all time, so I can't see myself parting with either (again), but if I had to sell one, it would be T2.

#95 9 years ago

go t3

5 years later
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

OP was 2 years ago... unless they come back to this thread, that probably ain't happening

I always will “BE BACK”..

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Give it another year, and THIS THREAD WILL BE BACK

Ha! 5 years and it’s “BACK” Legends of Pinside will always be “BACK”

#99 4 years ago

I have owned a T3 and I currently own a completely restored T2.
At first I would've told you T3 was the better machine because it plays like a newer Stern but after owning it awhile it was clearly too easy and I got bored with it.
I say "completely restored" T2 because if you buy a nice HUO or restored one, you'll most likely feel it has much more staying power in the collection for many reasons. Plus it's a Williams so it feels like a much more solid build and being that mine is restored, it plays very fast which is key so it's tough but fair. It seems like most of the T2s are old beaters that were in bars because it was such a popular title back in the day.
Their both fun titles but my vote is T2.

#100 4 years ago

Better theme/movie - T2
Deeper gameplay - T3

Its really hard to say. T2 is classic but also very shallow. I was so bored with it when I sold it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-or-t3-which-one-is-better/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.