Topic poll

“Which is better (in a multigame collection) - T2 or BOP?”

• Bride of Pinbot - she's f%*^&ng hot! 41 votes
    46%
  • Terminator 2 - It's Ahhnold damnit! 48 votes
    54%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20130419_220019_491.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Ratings are generally close on here and IPDB. Both have highpoints and lowpoints. Never played T2 IRL but could get one if my BOP leaves. Wondering what people's thoughts are. It'll be a 3rd machine with DW and BC staying for good so what do you all think?

#2 6 years ago

Terminator 2 by a country mile. T2 is a solid game, whereas BOP basically has one shot that's worth going for.

BOP, like Bad cats is a game that's got a great art package, but only has one shot (and that's a left ramp on both, coincidentally.) Terminator 2 has a lot more to go for.

#3 6 years ago

Although it is kind of a one trick pony, BOP is still a great game. If I had the room it would certainly be in my collection. Also not that easy to find one in good condition. T2 not so much.

Also the possibility of BOP 2.0 on the horizon would be a reason not to sell. Check it out:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-the-bride-of-pinbot-dmd-p-roc-mod

#4 6 years ago

Tough call...both are fun, and both fit the sci-fi/future theme. BoP is one of a kind in terms of sounds, gameplay, but a lot of people think its a one trick pony. T2 has more challenging shots, and historically is the first game with a DMD and video mode. I have BoP but want to add T2 at some point. Would never not have both! Good luck.

#5 6 years ago

I have both and love both , but still prefer BoP ...

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

I have both and love both , but still prefer BoP ...

Same here, but T2 is gone and I still have BoP.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Terminator 2 by a country mile. T2 is a solid game, whereas BOP basically has one shot that's worth going for.

+1, plus T2 IMO still has one of the best super jackpot shots in pinball.

#8 6 years ago

I have owned both and T2 is long gone. BOP still remains. I think BOP is more fun to play. I think both games are shallow. T2 grew old in a hurry for me. Whereas, BOP I like the theme and the billiob shot etc. The light show is incredible.

#9 6 years ago

I've never played BOP but T@ is one of my favourites.

#10 6 years ago

PinFan4Life , i would keep BoP too over T2

#11 6 years ago

Bop for me is just amazing , the theme is superb , its a living machine and the sounds are awesome ..

#12 6 years ago

I have had both machines over the years..... BoP is never leaving my collection and I have had T2 two different times and I have sold it both times.... Here is a picture of Python signing my machine at PaTZ this year. Plus if Dutches Pinball finishes and releases the DMD for BoP that would be awesome.

IMG_20130419_220019_491.jpg

#13 6 years ago

bop for me , i love mine ! plus new rules and game play just around the corner !

#15 6 years ago

Add a poll and see that T2 will be the winner.

#16 6 years ago

Dear Lord !
All these people giving it large on BOP ???

Play the games people ! T2 pulls BOP's pants down and laughs at its doodle.
BOP is the quintessential one flipper game. In fact, if you own one, box up the left flipper and sell it on eBay, you won't b needing it !

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Dear Lord !
All these people giving it large on BOP ???
Play the games people ! T2 pulls BOP's pants down and laughs at its doodle.

But pinball is so much more than "play"
BOP wins for me on the original theme, the awesome sounds and the head. Its al pretty girl, arnold is not
I agree if you take that out, t2 is better.

#18 6 years ago

Oh yeah, got the first vote in for T2, hundy purcent baby..... did anyone mention the callouts?

#19 6 years ago

BoP all the way. I'd also argue about it being the one shot wonder many assume it to be. Sure if your only trying to joint the Billionaire's club then it's the shuttle ramp all the way but don't forget the machine also holds the Non Billionaire club top scores and its here that the small wheel, loop shots and heartbeat ramp become important in building decent scores.
Besides that the Metamorphosis sequence is awesome.

#20 6 years ago

Wouldn't want to own either but T2 over Bride by a lot. BOP has some classic stuff no doubt, but goddamn it's so shallow I couldn't take it.

#21 6 years ago

Get the T2, join the club, thank us later. Seriously it's a much better game but that's just my opinion.

#22 6 years ago

"My God, She's ALIVE!"

#23 6 years ago

T2, cause its a fantastic pin. Its one of the few pins i would pay a few grand for. If i had them, lol.

Memorylane x 10. Fast, fun, great call outs. Good looking. First videomode, first dmd, first cannon, first time i was blown away by a pin.

Vs

A one shot pin whic pinbot is. I never understand why people like that pin. Skillshot is boring, and the rest you do is hit that ramp and hope you get lucky.

And i don agree with that it looks great. Because i think its not, everytime i see that blowjobface i wonder, how can anybody say this pin looks great?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

T2, cause its a fantastic pin. Its one of the few pins i would pay a few grand for. If i had them, lol.
Memorylane x 10. Fast, fun, great call outs. Good looking. First videomode, first dmd, first cannon, first time i was blown away by a pin.
Vs
A one shot pin whic pinbot is. I never understand why people like that pin. Skillshot is boring, and the rest you do is hit that ramp and hope you get lucky.
And i don agree with that it looks great. Because i think its not, everytime i see that blowjobface i wonder, how can anybody say this pin looks great?

Yeah, a chick with a blow job face, how terrible.

#26 6 years ago

b o p

I dont think this is going to be the landslide you were expecting

#27 6 years ago

These BOP comments in favor of it always crack me up. I love the look, and would love to see the rules changed, but let me put it to you this way for all that know the game:

If you were restricted to 20 for sure shots in BOP, are you saying you would not do 20 straight to the left ramp to maximize your points? If you had 50, 100, 200 in a game, would it be any different?

There is no other point strategy that I am aware of that even comes close to farming the left ramp. Sure, there are "other" things to do, but unless you have Dora the Explorer hat on, is there really any point?

#28 6 years ago

If you are going to get or have a BOP, I would heavily recommend this:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-20

#29 6 years ago

I'm well aware of the 2.0 and have been since before getting it. It'll be quite an expensive upgrade though - computer, DMD, P-ROC and whatever they want for software plus possibly a different transformer (though I would think they've got that figured without swapping transformers). Then it'll be at a cost closer to 2500 or higher machines. I may still hold out, just waiting to see. Though I think T2 would be GREAT to P-ROC and put in some new animations, maybe a Color DMD, and some decent music!

#30 6 years ago

BOP is a one trick pony. Billionaires club ruins the game for me.

#31 6 years ago

Bump for more votes

#32 6 years ago

The gameplay of T2 is definitely superior. But the transformation of Bride of Pinbot must be one of the most awesome moments in pinball history. The sudden silence followed by "my god, she's alive!" is pure drama. This is how wizard modes should conclude. I realize that this is not really a wizard mode in BoP, nor even the finale of the mode progression, but it feels like a truly special moment.

#33 6 years ago

Just own them both ...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

Just own them both ...

Maybe some day, though several other titles are higher on the list. I can't decide whether to keep BOP for the hopes of a repro PF and Bride 2.0. If a Centaur comes around and I can sell the BOP to get a Centaur though, I'll have to say bye to the Bride, at least for a while (not sure I wouldn't get another down the road).

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

BOP, like Bad Cats is a game that's got a great art package, but only has one shot (and that's a left ramp on both, coincidentally.) Terminator 2 has a lot more to go for.

I disagree on Bad Cats. The jackpot, earned by seafood wheel or (what I consider the more skillful way) lighting all letters from drops (and/or seafood luck) can be up to just over 20 million. Repeated loading of the Trash Can with the 10x can net 5 mil each time if maxed. The Tiger Ramp is certainly more challenging to get repeated times but I love the sound dump when you miss the fourth time and reset the challenge. I also disagree about BOPs one-shot reputation, but I like to score points in a number of ways on a game.

#36 6 years ago

your right shimoda

#37 6 years ago

T2 for me... but I loved the movie, so I am kind of biased...

#38 6 years ago

BOP all the way. Love T2 theme but BOP is unique and mesmerizing. While true not tons of shots the flow when you do hit them, light show and transformation make this a classic. Bride of Pinbot 2 will make this game even grander.

#39 6 years ago

Enjoying a table like BoP requires that you let it happen instead of being goal oriented. Having the right attitude helps. You have to connect, communicate and trust in the table. Feed whatever desires you have and love the playfield for what it is. Be adventurous. What you do before you play (pre-game prep) and after you play (post-game reflection) matters just as much. And of course, play safely while free of stress. Stay fit and exercise.

(Advice taken from www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200403/how-have-great-sex )

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

BOP is the quintessential one flipper game. In fact, if you own one, box up the left flipper and sell it on eBay, you won't b needing it !

Do that and you won't ever being joining the Billionaires Club, which is the main objective of the pin.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Enjoying a table like BoP requires that you let it happen instead of being goal oriented. Having the right attitude helps. You have to connect, communicate and trust in the table. Feed whatever desires you have and love the playfield for what it is. Be adventurous. What you do before you play (pre-game prep) and after you play (post-game reflection) matters just as much. And of course, play safely while free of stress. Stay fit and exercise.
(Advice taken from http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200403/how-have-great-sex )

Sounds like you want to install the 'glory hole' mod...

#42 6 years ago

In essence both are one shot games (left ramp on BoP and the multiball/lock shot on T2). I have owned two T2's and while I loved the game when it first came out, it quickly got boring to me at home and I got rid of both of them. BoP will always be in my collection. Now someone just needs to make a new playfield for it...

#43 6 years ago

someone just needs to go ahead and release an overlay or something for BoP. The playfield doesnt look like it's happening any time soon

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chicago, IL
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
€ 3.70
Machine - For Sale
Prosper, TX
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 28.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colts Neck , NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside