(Topic ID: 196726)

T2: Less "junk" in attract mode? (i.e., see most recent score)

By SkyKing2301

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Question regarding T2 (or other Williams games of that era): Is there a setting or method to reduce the amount of "stuff" shown during attract mode? When the game ends, if you don't catch the score right after the bonus is collected or in the first screen after "GAME OVER", then you end up having to sit through the credits, the special thanks, the high scores, and then some before the most recent score comes around again. This is super annoying -- especially when hosting a tournament. I have eight games to keep track of, so it's easy to miss the T2 score if I'm writing down something else. Definitely ran into this issue at my last tournament -- and that was with TWO scorekeepers.

I haven't tried putting it on Tournament mode (my "Tournaments" are casual), so I intend on trying that at my next opportunity. (Seems like this would be the place to slip in a feature like keeping the score up on the screen longer...) The manual says this just equalizes the jackpot during multi-player games, so I don't know if it will change anything else.

Are there any other settings or options I'm unaware of? Or do I need to dedicate someone to watch it like a hawk?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Question regarding T2 (or other Williams games of that era): Is there a setting or method to reduce the amount of "stuff" shown during attract mode? When the game ends, if you don't catch the score right after the bonus is collected or in the first screen after "GAME OVER", then you end up having to sit through the credits, the special thanks, the high scores, and then some before the most recent score comes around again. This is super annoying -- especially when hosting a tournament. I have eight games to keep track of, so it's easy to miss the T2 score if I'm writing down something else. Definitely ran into this issue at my last tournament -- and that was with TWO scorekeepers.
I haven't tried putting it on Tournament mode (my "Tournaments" are casual), so I intend on trying that at my next opportunity. (Seems like this would be the place to slip in a feature like keeping the score up on the screen longer...) The manual says this just equalizes the jackpot during multi-player games, so I don't know if it will change anything else.
Are there any other settings or options I'm unaware of? Or do I need to dedicate someone to watch it like a hawk?

Tournament mode won't affect it. On later Williams you can use the flippers to page through but I don't think there's anything for earlier games

#3 6 years ago

Ya its pretty brutal. Always an issue at my house during tournaments. People waiting for a LONG time to see their score again.

#4 6 years ago

Try the last game code version L8 or D8 (Led upgrade).
This will get rid of the "thump..... thump" in the attract mode too.
In coöperation with Mr.Glee I've worked out a new attract mode sequence.
Email/PM me for a copy of the file if you need it.

Peter

It seems I made a mistake.
You need to update the game code to version L8.2 to get rid of the thump sound.
Please ask for L8.2 if you need it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Peter

Did not know this was a thing. Thank you stranger.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Peter

Thanks a lot Peter, I wanna give a try... PM sent!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Peter

Fantastic!!! (The thump thump is kinda annoying sometimes too, lol.)

I've never updated the code on this game, so I have no idea how to do this. Guess it's time for me to do some research!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fantastic!!! (The thump thump is kinda annoying sometimes too, lol.)
I've never updated the code on this game, so I have no idea how to do this. Guess it's time for me to do some research!

replacing eproms very carefully.

1 month later
#9 6 years ago

Just wanted to follow up here; Peter's (Inkochnito) L8.2 code worked like a charm and DEFINITELY saved us at my party/tournament I hosted this past weekend. I was scorekeeping for all 8 games (since my secondary scorekeeper had to cancel) -- and while I kept an especially close eye on T2, there was probably a good 40% of the games where I didn't get the T2 score right at the end. Never had to wait more than about 10-15 seconds for it to come around again.

Thank you Peter!!!

2 months later
#10 6 years ago

Hi,

I am also interested in the L8.2 ROM for my T2.

I currently run a L8.1 ROM, but it is wrongly versioned (L81.1) and the checksum seems to be wrong (so check is disabled). Therefore all settings and highscores are reseted when I change the regular L8 and the silent L8.1 roms.

How is this with the L8.2 rom? Who can provide the files?

Thank you very much in advance,
Lars

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I currently run a L8.1 ROM, but it is wrongly versioned (L81.1) and the checksum seems to be wrong (so check is disabled). Therefore all settings and highscores are reseted when I change the regular L8 and the silent L8.1 roms.
How is this with the L8.2 rom?

I have not encountered any noticeable issues with L8.2. PM incoming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 21.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-less-junk-in-attract-mode-ie-see-most-recent-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.