• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140119_191002_233.jpg
IMG_20140122_133635_202.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Recently I installed pinball life non ghosting LEDs in my T2. Worked great, no ghosting. I also rebuilt the flippers recently. I had an issue with a flipper coil heating up after the rebuild. Turned out that I didnt set the eos properly. A fellow pinsider recommended that I hold down the flipper button to check for over heating. Did that, flippers are good. I don't know if its related but now there is ghosting all over the playfield. Before and after pics below. Suggestions please.
IMG_20140122_133635_202.jpgIMG_20140122_133635_202.jpgIMG_20140119_191002_233.jpgIMG_20140119_191002_233.jpg

#2 10 years ago

1st pic is obviously the ghosting pic

#3 10 years ago

if the problem occurred by the overheated coil maybe it's a power supply problem

#4 10 years ago

Nope. You have a lamp socket that is dead shorted. Put it into single lamp mode and go through each one. As you do, you will see it lights up multiple lights on each one until you get to the one that doesn't light. Look at that socket. I bet that the two tabs are slid together or touching something. You probably did it when you were working on the flippers.

#5 10 years ago

Not very many 44 sockets for the inserts on T2. There is one next to the flippers.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Not very many 44 sockets for the inserts on T2. There is one next to the flippers.

Bet that is the one...

Are we taking bets?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Bet that is the one...
Are we taking bets?

Thanks for the feedback. "You'll Be Back" was the one. Loose wire on the lamp socket. I probably did it while working on the flippers.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Nope. You have a lamp socket that is dead shorted. Put it into single lamp mode and go through each one. As you do, you will see it lights up multiple lights on each one until you get to the one that doesn't light. Look at that socket. I bet that the two tabs are slid together or touching something. You probably did it when you were working on the flippers.

Can this same logic be applied to an EM machine? I have two rollovers that ghost. The rest of the inserts with LED's do not ghost.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Thanks for the feedback. "You'll Be Back" was the one. Loose wire on the lamp socket. I probably did it while working on the flippers.

Yes!! Wish someone would have bet me.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Cruzin1a:

Can this same logic be applied to an EM machine? I have two rollovers that ghost. The rest of the inserts with LED's do not ghost.

Not sure on an EM but it is possible. Usually just two could be a bad LED. Try swapping it back to incandescent on those two. If it STILL does it, then it could be the same thing Strummy had. If it is a loose wire or short it will do the multiple lights no matter what kind of bulb you have.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Not sure on an EM but it is possible. Usually just two could be a bad LED. Try swapping it back to incandescent on those two. If it STILL does it, then it could be the same thing Strummy had. If it is a loose wire or short it will do the multiple lights no matter what kind of bulb you have.

I doubt a bad led can cause this. Also the rollovers if they're next to each other may be bleed rather then ghosting

#12 10 years ago

Yeah, they flash when there is activity going on such as scoring or the flippers working. Bleed would be stray current from another wire?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Cruzin1a:

Yeah, they flash when there is activity going on such as scoring or the flippers working. Bleed would be stray current from another wire?

No not from a wire. From another light. The rollovers are clear and nearby light could sort of cause it to look lit when its just a neighboring light flashing and the light from that shining through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-leds-were-perfect-now-ghosting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.