Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220326-212726_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

The plastic shaft separates from the metal plunger and ends up in the habitrail. First one was an older style where a pin connects the male plastic piece to the female metal weighted piece and it broke at where the hole was drilled horizontally through both parts. Newer ones are just press fit. Replaced with press fit and I believe it has happened twice, each time replacing with new and taking the old and JB slow epoxying it for emergency use. Tomorrow the epoxied one goes in as apparently press fit just ain't good enough. This time I will check grommet where the weight seats or any other obvious things I may have overlooked that is stressing this out. Any other thoughts from someone who may have encountered this problem? "I'll be back..."

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

The plastic shaft separates from the metal plunger and ends up in the habitrail. First one was an older style where a pin connects the male plastic piece to the female metal weighted piece and it broke at where the hole was drilled horizontally through both parts. Newer ones are just press fit. Replaced with press fit and I believe it has happened twice, each time replacing with new and taking the old and JB slow epoxying it for emergency use. Tomorrow the epoxied one goes in as apparently press fit just ain't good enough. This time I will check grommet where the weight seats or any other obvious things I may have overlooked that is stressing this out. Any other thoughts from someone who may have encountered this problem? "I'll be back..."

Marco.has everything you need for this assembly
A-14501 Seems like you have the incorrect Armature assy. You need the one with a hole in it for the dowel.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8053

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Thanks eyeamred2u, to be clear, this is not the ball cup, nor the pin that holds it into the back plastic shaft. It is the shaft itself that separates from the metal plunger that fits into the coil sleeve. What ends up in the habitrail is the cup, pin and black plastic rod that sits on top and into the metal plunger. Nothing theoretically is broken. Just separated. Take a look at this: #515-9835-00 the pin keeps the plastic together with the metal part. Here is the correct part, and trust me after 2 beers of time looking, it' ai't easy to find. Notice the metal and plastic have no connecting pin. #A-11336 Now that said under search, THE WRONG PART COMES UP ON MARCO. It's not a compression ring.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11336
Notice no pin.
And that is the part we got from Marco.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks eyeamred2u, to be clear, this is not the ball cup, nor the pin that holds it into the back plastic shaft. It is the shaft itself that separates from the metal plunger that fits into the coil sleeve. What ends up in the habitrail is the cup, pin and black plastic rod that sits on top and into the metal plunger. Nothing theoretically is broken. Just separated. Take a look at this: #515-9835-00 the pin keeps the plastic together with the metal part. Here is the correct part, and trust me after 2 beers of time looking, it' ai't easy to find. Notice the metal and plastic have no connecting pin. #A-11336 Now that said under search, THE WRONG PART COMES UP ON MARCO. It's not a compression ring.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11336
Notice no pin.
And that is the part we got from Marco.

Have you tried actionpinball for parts? Should look like this.

Screenshot_20220326-212726_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220326-212726_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have you tried actionpinball for parts? Should look like this.

Thank you! And yes you solved my problem! But not necessarily in a good way, at least from a time consuming perspective. From Action Pinball:
INSTALLATION NOTE: This is an aftermarket replacement part that requires drilling-out the retaining pin hole in the tip of the plunger to 3/32-inch diameter before inserting the retaining pin.
Imagine if you bought spark plugs and there were no threads on it. Aftermarket. Tap your own.

#6 2 years ago

Thank you! And yes you solved my problem! But not necessarily in a good way, at least from a time consuming perspective. From Action Pinball:
INSTALLATION NOTE: This is an aftermarket replacement part that requires drilling-out the retaining pin hole in the tip of the plunger to 3/32-inch diameter before inserting the retaining pin.
Imagine if you bought spark plugs and there were no threads on it. Aftermarket. Tap your own.

Always glad to help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-keeps-popping-its-vuk-top and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.