Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CactusJack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey, I recently found a T2 on route near me which is nearly unplayable and I want to make an offer on it. Thoughts on a starting offer price I should make?

Rubbers and playfield so worn it is nearly impossible to shoot the chase loop or Skynet command. Bare wood showing in places. Back glass seems to have some holes. Bumpers appear to be missing pieces. Red bank targets falling off. A couple spots where the ball frequently gets stuck. I can go back in a day or two and take some pics!

I'd like to save it from its current op, but not go in the hole trying to restore it. Would $800 be a lowball offer?

#2 8 years ago

No, 800-1k should be a fair offer.

#3 8 years ago

wellarmed is right on the money

#4 8 years ago

Great, thanks for the advice! If I'm able to pick it up I'll be sure to document the restore process.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

No, 800-1k should be a fair offer.

Agreed!!

#6 8 years ago

For something that beat I think $1000 is too much. $500 would be more reasonable.

#7 8 years ago

I'm cheaper than Pierce, I'd only go $400, but I was taught by the master cheapskate in Boynton

#8 8 years ago

I'd love you to record the conversation if you cold call an op and offer him $400 for his busted T2 that's on route. It's a commercial money-making machine on route in his eyes, not a neglected treasure to be picked and restored.

#9 8 years ago

The problem is paying bottom of the barrel price isn't going to make an OP sell it.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'd love you to record the conversation if you cold call an op and offer him $400 for his busted T2 that's on route. It's a commercial money-making machine on route in his eyes, not a neglected treasure to be picked and restored.

If the game is that mechanically beat and non-functional, I doubt the op will want to spend the money (or more importantly effort) getting it to work properly again. And if it's that well worn, it has probably paid for itself many, many times over.

Yes, it's a money making machine for the OP, but at the same time if it looks like complete garbage and hardly functions, $500 isn't unreasonable, even to an OP.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Yes, it's a money making machine for the OP, but at the same time if it looks like complete garbage and hardly functions, $500 isn't unreasonable, even to an OP.

$500 may sound "reasonable" to us but think about what it may cost the OP to replace the game with another pin? Suddenly, $500 doesn't go very far. Especially, if he/she is allowed by the location owner to leave that game there and just collect what little it does earn. Its easy to leave a neglected game on location if the location doesn't complain. Its a bit tougher to bring in another pile of junk to replace it. And I doubt the OP is going to drop $4500 on a new game if he doesn't have another pin sitting somewhere un-routed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 27.95
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-judgment-day-price-check-routed-hard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.