View topic image gallery

129_G.sized.jpg
128_G.sized.jpg
126_G.sized.jpg
term3.jpg
term2.jpg
term.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the drop target assembly in their T2 machine? Specifically the small solenoid that knocks down the drop target. Not one picture of the 5000 I took did I get a good shot of it. Trying to diagnose an issue.

#2 12 years ago

Is this what your looking for

T2 pic.

term.jpgterm.jpg term2.jpgterm2.jpg term3.jpgterm3.jpg

#3 12 years ago

I have a NOS WMS single drop target assy in storage if you need close ups of anything in particular.

I have a few photos, having restored a couple T2s.

Here are some pics of the drop target from my sample T2. It's a very early production model (red lamp boards, hand made parts, etc), so the fit/finish isn't as 'nice' as a production assembly... but the parts are basically the same.

126_G.sized.jpg126_G.sized.jpg 128_G.sized.jpg128_G.sized.jpg 129_G.sized.jpg129_G.sized.jpg

#4 12 years ago

If you need others, LMK what details these are lacking and I'll try to get you better photos of whatever area you desire.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks pinmike and johnwartjr. You guys both know what assembley I'm talking about. Now I need a picture of the wires that are connected to that small SM1 solenoid.

#6 12 years ago

I think I have found my issue. There is a diode going accross my SM1 solenoid that I didn't notice until now. I will remove it and see if it fixes my issue.

#7 12 years ago

Yeah, that will contribute. In WPC, only flipper coils have diodes - this guy shouldn't have one.

Wire colors, mine was added as an afterthought. It looks like T2 was designed without it, and they decided at some point to add it back in - so I don't believe the wire colors are correct on the current machine.

Having said that, my machine has a brown with yellow stripe leading to one leg of the solenoid, and the other is a yellow wire that is daisy chained to another nearby coil. These were run after the fact I believe, as the wires were outside the factory harness, and the bracket to add the knock down solenoid was added after the drop target was assembled etc.

I fired it up, and entered solenoid test. Solenoid test indicates it should be brown and yellow on one lug, and violet and orange on the other.

#8 12 years ago

I knew I had the right wires but the T2 manual has so many typos. I have dont two of these machines before but I never fussed with the drop target mech. Because this one was a complete teardown I was hosed. I enjoy the manual noting that the brown/yellow is not used.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-i-hate-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.