• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
rowz (resized).PNG

#1 3 years ago

I have a electrical issue and I really need your help.

If I unplug upper eyes (Skull) everything works perfectly.
If I connect the skull 90% of the time the light in that row is acting up (Being on constantly or blinking -seems like interferens to the game)

The LED's in the skull works just fine (they light up) and I dont measure any shorts in the skull either.

What should I look for? Could it be the diode on the skull wire or?

rowz (resized).PNGrowz (resized).PNG
#2 3 years ago

Put the game in switch test menus and test all those switches in that row(pic you put up).Test each one and see if they register properly and not activating multiple switches

#3 3 years ago

Check diodes if there are any bulb holders with them .

#4 3 years ago

Test diodes or could be the transistor that the drives that lamp row. Hard to read from your pic but looks like Q89

#5 3 years ago

Thank you.
I forgot to mention that it also happens during attractmode. Could it still be the switches in this case? I will change the diode.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Thank you.
I forgot to mention that it also happens during attractmode. Could it still be the switches in this case? I will change the diode.

No doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with switches. You can test the diodes with a dmm. Sounds like a driver transistor in the lamp matrix as said above.

#7 3 years ago

Transistors are for coils and flashers,The reason I said to check switches is because when you activate a switch that lamp associated with that switch should light up and not light up multiple lamps

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Transistors are for coils and flashers,The reason I said to check switches is because when you activate a switch that lamp associated with that switch should light up and not light up multiple lamps

When a transistor or diode goes bad, generally it shorts on. When a transistor shorts on in the lamp matrix, it will make all the lamps in that row or column appear permanently on, and be very bright.

#9 3 years ago

Do you have regular bulbs or LED's installed? Anything change recently? i.e. did you JUST install bulbs or something else?

The lamp matrix in that machine isn't designed for LEDs and you may get some ghosting.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Do you have regular bulbs or LED's installed? Anything change recently? i.e. did you JUST install bulbs or something else?
The lamp matrix in that machine isn't designed for LEDs and you may get some ghosting.

I just finished a complete restoration. So it has been taken completely apart 5 years ago!
Everything is cleaned etc. but before I did that the same LED's where installed and it worked just fine.

When I fired it up for the first time a couple of days ago there where only two problems. This is the last one I need to solve

I really_ appreciate all the people trying to help me with suggestions/debugging.

Here is a video of the second target light that is part of the row "acting up". As you can see its not on all the time or brighter than the others. It just behaves wrong. The other light in the row is also acting "strange". Not on all the time but strange behavior.

#11 3 years ago

Remove the LEDs from the eyes and try incandescent bulbs - see if the problem persists.

Is it possible one of LED lamps in the eyes was installed backwards?

Look for other lamps in that row installed backwards (easy to do with 555 sockets).

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Remove the LEDs from the eyes and try incandescent bulbs - see if the problem persists.
Is it possible one of LED lamps in the eyes was installed backwards?
Look for other lamps in that row installed backwards (easy to do with 555 sockets).

How do you install 555 leds backward

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

How do you install 555 leds backward

Not sure if you are kidding but it is super easy to do with wedge based lamps like 555. The bulb can be installed flipped either way and polarity (orientation) matters in the lamp matrix.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I just finished a complete restoration. So it has been taken completely apart 5 years ago!
Everything is cleaned etc. but before I did that the same LED's where installed and it worked just fine.
When I fired it up for the first time a couple of days ago there where only two problems. This is the last one I need to solve
I really_ appreciate all the people trying to help me with suggestions/debugging.
Here is a video of the second target light that is part of the row "acting up". As you can see its not on all the time or brighter than the others. It just behaves wrong. The other light in the row is also acting "strange". Not on all the time but strange behavior.

Did you test the diode associated to that bulb, as said above a few times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-has-strange-electrical-issue-on-row and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.