By jeffman855

5 days ago

Stats

• 28 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by mschonbrun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171218_170022 (resized).jpg
20171218_170004 (resized).jpg

#1 5 days ago

The gun (the one that swings out and shoots the ball onto the playfield) motor on my T2 does not work. In test mode I have tested the voltage at the motor (12v DC from what I could tell in the manual) and it comes up as not having voltage at all. Where should I look next? Thanks for the help

#2 5 days ago

Look in the schematic/manual and find which fuse controls the 12V feed to the meter, pull it and check it with a meter set to continuity.

#3 5 days ago

Alright, I pulled F115 and F116 fuses off of the power driver board and tested them and they both tested fine.

#4 5 days ago

check the board that drives the gun under the gun. sometimes a leg can break free on the white ceramic block...i forget if it is a resistor or what.

#5 5 days ago

do you have power coming into your motor board? you should have 20v coming in at j1.

#6 5 days ago

I do not have 20v coming into J1. I looked on the power driver board (it's a rottendog power driver board if that makes a difference) and the Led indicating 20v is also not lit up on the power driver board.

#7 5 days ago

f111 is your fuse for br4 that powers your 20v. on pin 5 of j107. do you have flash lamps?

#8 5 days ago

I do not have flashers. I checked that fuse at f111 and it was blown. I replaced it with a new fuse and it blew again as soon as I turned the game on.

#10 5 days ago

or pull j106 j107 and j108 off. replace the fuse and power it back up and see if the fuse holds. to see if its a board prob.

#11 5 days ago

Sorry, what/where is br4?

#12 5 days ago

bridge rectifier. its the big square metal block by the big caps.

#13 5 days ago

nevermind i looked up the rotten dogg board. it uses a diode array. easy to check use your mm on diode function and check to see if you have any shorted out.

#14 5 days ago

I have couple pictures of my ss when my controlled lighting failed

20171218_170004 (resized).jpg

20171218_170022 (resized).jpg

#15 5 days ago

Thanks for double checking, I was really scratching my head looking for any bridge rectifiers on the board.

Alright, so I tested all of these diodes and they all seemed to read at around .450v with the black lead on the left and the red lead on the right.

#16 5 days ago

Did u unplug those connectors and try it?

#17 5 days ago

Okay, I pulled j106 j107 and j109 off and the fuse held. There is nothing plugged into j108 on T2 so I pulled j109 instead (just a guess)

#18 4 days ago

Bump. Thanks for the help so far guys

#19 4 days ago

I wish i had my game at home. you should be able to plug 109 and 106 back in. and give that a shot.

#20 4 days ago

Alright 109 and 106 are plugged back in and the fuse did not pop

#21 4 days ago

lets try 107 with out the motor regulator board plugged in.

#22 4 days ago

Alright I unplugged the motor regulator board and plugged 107 back in and the fuse f111 popped again

#23 4 days ago

start checking all your flash lamps.

#24 4 days ago

Alright will do. What problems would a bad coil create?

#25 4 days ago

sorry I was just looking quick at the manual. f111 drives your flash lamps. sounds like you have a shorted flash lamp socket somewhere on your playfield. I would double check them for broken wires or grounding out on some thing.

#26 4 days ago

I couldn't find any broken wires on any of the flasher sockets. On one socket one of the ground tabs was pushes over on top of where the voltage wire came in. I moved the tabs back away from each other. Not sure if that was the problem or not. Ran out of fuses to test with so I have ordered some more

#28 4 days ago

That might be it. As a result, you may have taken out a transistor. Let’s see when you get the fuse in there; watch for the flasher to get stuck on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 28.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westfield, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 19.99
€ 12.50
Sale Pending!
Nyack, NY
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside