Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fliperz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

T2-Canon_HELP.jpg
IMG_6057.jpg
IMG_6056.jpg
IMG_6055.jpg

#1 3 years ago

T2. On startup I get a "gun cannot find home" message. The gun works perfectly (as far as I can tell).

During the switch level test, I see switch 32 and 33 closed. The gun rotates correctly and the switches look correct on the bottom of the machine.

Aren't these switched normally closed when the gun is "home" therefore showing up on the switch test?

Pics attached. Pic is in the home position.

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_6056.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Do both switches work/register in switch test?If they do try a factory reset to the game

#3 3 years ago

I have not figured out how to open the switches to test in switch test mode. However the gun works perfectly during the gun test mode.

The reset factory settings brings up another point. Every time I turn my machine on it has been reset. There's a problem with the batteries, power supply etc. which I am also troubleshooting.

#4 3 years ago

Have you changed the batteries?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

Have you changed the batteries?

Yes.

#6 3 years ago

How to operate switches:
In your picture there is a little silver cylinder that is attached to the black rotating wheel. This contacts a long skinny metal tab to open/close. Can be operated with your finger.
The other requires the gun to be rotated in the gun test. The black wheel has a notch cut in it that allows the upper switch to press into if I remember correctly.

#7 3 years ago

Does this help further?

T2-Canon HELP.JPG

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

How to operate switches:
In your picture there is a little silver cylinder that is attached to the black rotating wheel. This contacts a long skinny metal tab to open/close. Can be operated with your finger.
The other requires the gun to be rotated in the gun test. The black wheel has a notch cut in it that allows the upper switch to press into if I remember correctly.

So if I understand, during the switch level test, these two switches will always show up because in the home position they are closed.

Correct?

#9 3 years ago

had the same issue a while back so I traced the wires to harness sanded the pins the harness connects to and then no issues

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Newnan, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside