Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Seems like my T2 Cannon / Gun motor seems to be slower / louder than some I've seen elsewhere and on YouTube.

Any way to remedy this or is it just a straight up replacement motor? It works, it just seems that it may be starting to show signs of its age.

#2 5 years ago

Clean and lubricate the gearbox - it will sound and run so much better. I use spray Superlube which has a solvent to rinse out the old lube and grime while leaving behind a new coat of grease when the solvent evaporates. You have to take the gearbox out of the game to do this - it is a messy job.

#3 5 years ago

Mine is the same....not loud....but slower than others.....but I'm going with..if it ain't broke..don't fix it...............Joey

#4 5 years ago

I had the same problem. There was a lot of solidified grease around the shaft that the gun turns on.

Locate the motor/gearbox assembly beneath the playfield, that moves the gun. That entire assembly is held in by four screws. Remove those screws and pull that assembly away from the bottom of the playfield. You'll reveal the shaft of the gun which comes down through the playfield. There is a C clip holding it in place. Remove the C clip and you will be able to lift the gun out from the top side of the playfield. I had to turn and pull pretty hard to get it out of there because of all of the grime. Clean and lube that shaft (using steel wool, rubbing alcohol and white lithium grease) and the hole that it lives in. Once it's clean, the gun will slip back in very easily and you should notice a big difference in the speed. But I warn you, it's much harder to hit those targets when the gun moves like it should.

#5 5 years ago

My T2 sat for about 3/4 years,turned it back on and gun was mega slow and you could hear the motor working under load.Cleaned shaft and was as good as new.

#6 5 years ago

Everything always works better with a clean shaft. Less complaints at least.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

Everything always works better with a clean shaft. Less complaints at least.

That's what she said.

#8 5 years ago

When I had my T2 I found that someone had replaced the power resistor that controls motor speed with the wrong one, which made the motor run slow. I can't remember the proper one - but I'd check that.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks gang. Going to grab some lube...er... I mean grease and steel wool to see if that's the case. Will also take your advice into consideration mdclips if it didn't improve, could also be the motor I suppose if there is no improvement. But from the sound of it, that shaft needs a good cleaning.

And let's face it, dirty shafts get you nowhere.

#10 5 years ago

Best way to take off that C clip btw? I feel like Im going to break it if I tug on it with needle nose pliers.

*Update* Crud was keeping the C clip barely there apparently. Got it off.

#11 5 years ago

Works a lot better now. Took it all off, cleaned everything and greased it up, functions like a new cannon. Thanks gang for the help.

#12 5 years ago

Man....I want to do mine but I'm scared I'm going to break it....!!!...........Joey

#13 5 years ago

I was too but it's worth the effort. Just be extra careful, is all. Everything works great now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside