(Topic ID: 264900)

T2 fuses

By john17a

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

i have recently restored a T2 and turned it on and fuses 103 104 105 all blow coils lock on
    any help please thanks

#2 4 years ago

Pinwiki.com

#3 4 years ago

Unplug all the ribbon cables and make sure they are not plugged in one row off.

#4 4 years ago

checked oue ribbons ans also all fuses have not been replaced coils still being powered up locking on

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

checked oue ribbons ans also all fuses have not been replaced coils still being powered up locking on

Please explain. You have not replaced the blown fuses and you still have lockked on coils on power up? Did you replace coils, have you verified the wiring, are there wires exposed and touching metal, did you re pin connectors, are they re pinned correctly?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

checked oue ribbons

Did you reseat them?

Another possibility is the Game ROM on the MPU is backwards.

Post some pictures of the boards with the cables connected.

#7 4 years ago

Roms not removed ribbons checked and swapped fuses removed

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

Roms not removed ribbons checked and swapped fuses removed

Need more information on what you have or have not done to the game?

#9 4 years ago

Ive a lkso got J127 and J130 unplugged

No fuses in 103 104 105 and turns on ok few gi out couple of switches not right but sound and dmd ok but as soon as 127 or 130 gets pugged in there is a loud locking noise noise that can only be a solinoid sound and i turn it off asap as stated NO FUSES IN 103 104 105 h o w the hell they are being powered has me buggered

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

Ive a lkso got J127 and J130 unplugged
    No fuses in 103 104 105 and turns on ok few gi out couple of switches not right but sound and dmd ok but as soon as 127 or 130 gets pugged in there is a loud locking noise noise that can only be a solinoid sound and i turn it off asap as stated NO FUSES IN 103 104 105 h o w the hell they are being powered has me buggered

J127 and J130 are all your solenoids and are driven by transistors on your Power Driver Board. Have all those transistors been tested? 103-105 are individual coil power circuits, sounds like those are your problems to start with.

#11 4 years ago

Post some pictures of the boards with the cables connected.

Like to see if you have something still connected wrong.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-fuses?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.