• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper_power_driver_board_schematics.jpg
flipper_block_and_wiring_diagram.jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hi all. I'm having issues with my williams T2. Ok when I start up a game I get the test report message, it says "check switch 12 left flipper". In the single switch test matrix when you press the flipper it doesn't trigger in the grid, the right side does. In saying this the actual flipper works perfectly fine.... I did notice the colour led dmd colour fade or glitch??? but the message doesn't go away but the flipper works in gameplay or test mode any thoughts on this?

thanks guys

#2 11 months ago

I would check the End of Stroke switch, since T2's flippers are analog.

Edit: Never mind

#3 11 months ago

Checking the EOS will not help. T2 is pre-fliptronic. The EOS is NC and electrically isolated from the switch matrix.

#4 11 months ago

Check what version of software it's running. T2 got lots of different software flavors. Could be an erroneous error from old code. Latest and greatest is L-8. First push of diagnostic button will tell you current running software version on display. Action Pinball sells latest ROMs, including swear ROM. Note that you may also have to upgrade sound ROMs too.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Check what version of software it's running. T2 got lots of different software flavors. Could be an erroneous error from old code. Latest and greatest is L-8. First push of diagnostic button will tell you current running software version on display. Action Pinball sells latest ROMs, including swear ROM. Note that you may also have to upgrade sound ROMs too.

Has the lastest software, this is a fully restored T2 to brand new. I changed the batteries, factory reset the error msg doesn't come up anymore but still in switch test mode the left flipper does not trigger in grid.....

#7 11 months ago
flipper_block_and_wiring_diagram.jpgflipper_block_and_wiring_diagram.jpgflipper_power_driver_board_schematics.jpgflipper_power_driver_board_schematics.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.