Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by FreeBee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

First off, the DMD is out, so I do not know if there is any error message displayed.

When I power the game on, no activity other than I hear it power on and the normal slight hum. Went through all the troubleshooting steps here :

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

These are my findings:

Power board:

LED 7 = off

TP1 (12vu) = no reading

BR5 - one leg reads at over 900, all other legs in the 490 range and solid.

CPU Board:

LEDs D19 on, D20 off, D21 on (normal operation is off, flashing, on)

Can I conclude that BR5 is the culprit? If not, what else can I test that I may have missed?

Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

Bump so I can place an order this weekend.

#3 8 years ago

The 12V being out and your BR5 reading is hopefully enough to fix the problem, maybe order and replace the capacitor as well. Did you hear the startup sound at least?

#4 8 years ago

No startup sound.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

LEDs D19 on, D20 off, D21 on (normal operation is off, flashing, on)

Not sure what you mean by normal operation on D20, the led's should work as follows. The top LED (D19) indicates the status of the blanking circuit and should come on immediately when the CPU is powered up and then go off after about 3 seconds, and stay off The middle LED (D20) should start flashing when D19 goes out and indicates the CPU is running. The bottom LED (D21) should be on all of the time and indicates that 5 volts is present.

So it sounds like you have a blanking issue. The lack of 12 volts to the board should not cause this.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Not sure what you mean by normal operation on D20, the led's should work as follows. The top LED (D19) indicates the status of the blanking circuit and should come on immediately when the CPU is powered up and then go off after about 3 seconds, and stay off The middle LED (D20) should start flashing when D19 goes out and indicates the CPU is running. The bottom LED (D21) should be on all of the time and indicates that 5 volts is present.
So it sounds like you have a blanking issue. The lack of 12 volts to the board should not cause this.

By normal operation I'm just stating what the manual says should be happening after the game is powered on. I have another T2 that I can compare with and on that machine D19 is off, D20 is flashing and D21 is on.

On the T2 I'm having issues with, D19 stays on, D21 is off and D21 is on.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

By normal operation I'm just stating what the manual says should be happening after the game is powered on. I have another T2 that I can compare with and on that machine D19 is off, D20 is flashing and D21 is on.
On the T2 I'm having issues with, D19 stays on, D21 is off and D21 is on.

D20 won't start blinking until D19 turns off and D19 staying on indicates a blanking problem.

#8 8 years ago

What exactly is a blanking problem? I saw mention of blanking in the manual and thought it was a typo that should've said "blinking"

Edit- reading about it here.

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/board-rework-test/231-testing-wpc-cpu-on-the-bench

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

But isn't the fact I don't have 12v also a problem?

#10 8 years ago

Wait. No one spend another second thinking about this please.

You'll all laugh, this is a good one. The EPROM that's in there now is erased. I bought a pair of T2s, this one had revision 8 and the other revision 2. Since I was shopping and modding the other one, I took the v8 chip out and installed in the other.

Then I UV erased the v2 chip but couldn't burn the v8 image because my software didn't have that chip in the database to recognize it.

So I have a blank fucking chip in there right now because I forgot I erased it. Looking for another chip to burn the ERPOM and will report back. Someone is coming to look at the working T2 in a few hours, so I ain't pulling the chip or doing anything at all to that T2 due to Murphy's Law.

Fucking A, what a dope I am.

2 weeks later
#11 8 years ago

Haha, nice job

At least it's figured out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 21.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-double-checking-my-troubleshooting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.