(Topic ID: 247172)

T2 different chrome editions?

By majicman110

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Was thinking of going all in on my T2 and getting a chrome edition kit. I noticed that they're appear to be a couple of different ones out there.

I emailed pinball decals inc about their kit and what pieces specifically were included. After about a week he emailed me extensive photos but also said that the machine in the photos had many additional mods that weren't included in the chrome kit. So I still don't really know for sure what all is included for my $1300. I have ordered thousands of dollars of mods and pdi glass from them in the past and never had a problem but in his email he said that the chrome kit had to be paid for via western union which seemed odd.

Retro refurbs has a kit for around $375 which has different pieces. For one i kind of like the more traditional apron that they offer and they don't have the coin door overlay.

I also saw someone post that the original kit was from a place called pinball dreams, but I think this might be the same kit that pdi sells.

I really don't care for the illuminated apron and coin door. They are neat, but not for me. Just personal preference.
    Does anyone have experience with either of these kits? My biggest question is are the cabinet decals of equal quality? Is there any reason to pay the extra $1000 for the pdi kit? Does anyone have pictures of the retro refurbs kit installed?

Any advice or help is appreciated

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-different-chrome-editions?tu=majicman110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.