Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Breaking_Dad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys...this is my 1st coil problem...so just wanted to ask before I go in...had my 1st family/friends tourney last week...(much fun)...towards the end the drop target started acting up...would fire 5-6 times sometimes the drop would stay up...others times not...a 4 player game going I said to myself..."I'll check it after this game"...but before the game ended it went back to normal...worked for a few more balls...then nothing at all....drop stays down...there is a very faint sound of the coil firing...(5-6 times)...but you have to put your ear to the glass to hear it....so what can I try....can it be as easy as popping a new $12 coil in there...or can it be much more....?....Thank you in advance............Joey

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Hey guys...this is my 1st coil problem...so just wanted to ask before I go in...had my 1st family/friends tourney last week...(much fun)...towards the end the drop target started acting up...would fire 5-6 times sometimes the drop would stay up...others times not...a 4 player game going I said to myself..."I'll check it after this game"...but before the game ended it went back to normal...worked for a few more balls...then nothing at all....drop stays down...there is a very faint sound of the coil firing...(5-6 times)...but you have to put your ear to the glass to hear it....so what can I try....can it be as easy as popping a new $12 coil in there...or can it be much more....?....Thank you in advance............Joey

Coils rarely fail

What it sounds like from your description is a mechanical issue. Dirty mechanism, dirty/worn sleeve, loose bracket or screws etc... In most cases, tearing it apart cleaning it will either fix or reveal the cause.

#3 5 years ago

^^^...Thank you...the exact same thing happened on RK and yaa...cleaned it...good as new...what's throwing me off this one is why is the coil so quiet...but I'll report back after I crack her open after a nap...(just got out of work)....Thank you again..........Joey

#4 5 years ago

Couldn't sleep...went in and the damn arm that sticks out to bring up the drop was bent almost straight...???....HOW.....bent it back and played a game....towards the end it started again...if I bend it back again it will probably snap off....hmmm............Joey

#5 5 years ago

That piece broke off on mine. I just made another one out of heavier metal and put it back together. still working after two years.
I looked in the manual and don't even see a part number for it.

#6 5 years ago

It's in there....drop target assembly page....it's a drop target reset finger.(A-11388-2)...Marco has them...4.95 in stock.....but I am leaning towards making my own....what makes these bend/break....it's plastic on metal...!!!....I'll throw up some pics when I get it off...seems common enough this might help others..........Joey

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside