1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T2 Cannon (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hey folks, just picked up a T2 today. Game was in a local dealers showroom for a while and it seemed to be working fine. Haven't had a Bally/Williams in years. After I brought it home, everything was working fine. Anyways, I was doing some minor work such as swapping out some LEDs I had on hand and replacing rubber.

After having the playfield up to replace the buttons (start and flipper buttons). I put the PF down and start to play and the cannon doesn't work. I went into switch test mode and all 3 of the switches (2 underneath and 1 on top) seem to work (the two underneath are pressed on). The motor doesn't even seem to be trying to run. I checked the connections and they seem ok. I noticed a wire underneath the motor (coming out of a green board...red arrow in the pic) not connected to anything but I don't see the other end of this if it were cut. (R2 in the pic attached)

In Gun test, I get the message not at mark. When I exit that test it says it is calibrating but it doesn't move.

I tested almost every switch on the pin and they all seem to work. I visually checked all fuses and they seem fine.

Any thoughts?
T2 Cannon (resized).jpgT2 Cannon (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

OK...so I went down the wrong path. I noticed that I don't have flashers either, so I am guessing that this is my problem in that I don't have 12V. It has been many years since I've had a WPC so I need to find out why.

#3 1 year ago

If your fuses test good, check one of the connectors on the upper right side of the driver board. The source for the 12v circut runs through one of those connectors into the driver board.

I had 12v go out on my game (no canon, no flashers) and it was that connector being a little twitchy. Could be a loose wire, dirty header pin, or cracked solder joint on the header pin(s).

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If your fuses test good, check one of the connectors on the upper right side of the driver board. The source for the 12v circut runs through one of those connectors into the driver board.

There are TWO "12V" circuits. It seems everyone confuses these. This particular case is for the unregulated 12V (or I refer to it +12VU). The connectors you refer to generate the regulated 12V (or as I refer to it +12VR).

There are also multiple simultaneous postings on this issue across multiple threads. Too hard for my feeble mind to follow.

1 year later
#5 70 days ago

Does anyone have any videos on this actually getting solved? Seems like the actual cure doesn’t exist anywhere….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-cannon-stopped-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.