ct2_082.JPG
8473901904_2fe80ff03b_c.jpg
8472811667_e1eae387b5_c.jpg
T2_4.jpg
T2_3.jpg
T2_2.jpg
T2_1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Not sure if Tech or Modding is a better place for this thread. I guess adding chrome is a mod.
As I wait for the play field to get clear coated I started working on the cabinet.
What do you recommend to fix the dings on the cabinet?
The coin door does not look that bad, is it better to leave it stock?
The head has some planking, are there decals out there or should I clear coat it and try to keep it from getting any worse?
I am planning on getting the gun chromed. Are new chromed legs cheaper than getting the old ones chromed?

Thanks for any help.
Tom

T2_1.jpgT2_1.jpg T2_2.jpgT2_2.jpg T2_3.jpgT2_3.jpg T2_4.jpgT2_4.jpg

#2 11 years ago

You need to start a thread on your custom pin dolly

#3 11 years ago

I will, It has become quite the Frankenstein. The other one I built has a rotisserie added now, it turned out pretty good.

#4 11 years ago

Send the legs to be powder coated....we got a guy here....

#5 11 years ago

Light blue or even black would look pretty cool, what does he charge for a set?

#6 11 years ago

Hi GL....PM him....Pinchroma....
Excellent work!

#7 11 years ago

Hey, Ted directed me to this thread.

T2 is an interesting pin. I would do a chrome (or black chrome) powder on the shooter handle and I would do an artery on the armor. It would look fantastic. If you just want to do the legs thats cool but we can make the whole thing match.

It looks very T-1000 Liquid Metal'ISH.

8472811667_e1eae387b5_c.jpg8472811667_e1eae387b5_c.jpg 8473901904_2fe80ff03b_c.jpg8473901904_2fe80ff03b_c.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I love that color for the legs, but I think chrome would look good for the gun and possibly the lock down and side bars. Do you do the chrome too? PM me the price and wait time.

#9 11 years ago

I got my gun smoothed out and chromed. It looks awesome. Since the piece was triple chromed. the only thing I have to do is dremel out the cavity where the spring and the firing pin bushing went. I got a quote on legs from the same chromer and the price was about the same as buying the legs already chromed.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

got my gun smoothed out and chromed. It looks awesome.

That is what I am looking for. I think I found a set of new decals for the sides, this machine is going to be so cool.

#13 11 years ago

Do you still have the Chrome T2?

#14 11 years ago

Wow, that chrome is cool. Not sure I can handle that much shiny though. I think I will go a bit of a hybrid version. I already have some of the Pinball Dreams stuff. I am looking for more of a shiny version of the original. It looks like new decals for the side to clean it up. I just saved $295 by rebuilding all of the bad plugs / traces on the driver board.

#15 11 years ago

Yeah, too much chrome. I like it for the gun, but the Pinchroma legs are nice!

#16 11 years ago

I love those Cab Decals, it looks better then the blue. Where did you get them at?

#17 11 years ago

I don't do chrome anymore and the reason being in my opinion it doesn't belong on some parts of a pinball machine. The games are meant to be played not cleaned every 5 mins. Ever go to the classic car show and the owners tell you not to touch the chrome? There's good reason for that. It is a nightmare to keep clean and repeated oils from hands that aren't clean cause problems.

Chrome is beautiful and i try to use it wherever possible but when I can't I replace it with powder chrome.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Alex, check my PM. I've got a set of parts I'd like to drop off this weekend or tomorrow, whichever works for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 21.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-cabinet-touch-up-chrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.