T2-09.jpg
T2-08.jpg
T2-06.jpg
T2-05.jpg
T2-04.jpg
T2-03.jpg
T2-02.jpg
T2-01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manhattan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

... So I'm the friend. First time poster so be kind.
As Vex had mentioned, I was going to buy it at $800 last month when the owner decided he was sitting on a gold mine and wanted a grand. I walked away but felt that he might reconsider in the future. He did and texted me yesterday with a sell price of $750.00 including a box of parts. I'm still really skeptical about this pin so I went down and took some pic's to post here and grab some pro advice. My intention would be a complete restoration so if it is to far gone I am not interested. I will point out some problems that I found but I am a novice when it comes to evaluating a pin.

1) Cabinet is trashed. It is even coming apart at the seams.
T2-01.jpgT2-01.jpg

2) DMD is probably history. No key for back glass so I was unable to inspect.
T2-02.jpgT2-02.jpg

more to come...

#12 10 years ago

3) Couple of solder points on rail have separated. Looks like someone tried to do manual repair, dripped solder onto side of cabinet. Ball still travels through perfectly though.
T2-03.jpgT2-03.jpg

4) Right flipper is offset. Both seem to function quite well.
T2-04.jpgT2-04.jpg

and more...

#13 10 years ago

5) Ya, the playing field looks brutal to this novice. Its basically like this throughout. Down to the wood in that one spot at upper right of teeth.
T2-05.jpgT2-05.jpg

6) Most (if not all) of the static targets seem to work, but look like this...
T2-06.jpgT2-06.jpg

still more...

#19 10 years ago

7) Skull drop target is missing but mechanism seems to work fine and skull is in good shape. Hunter/Killer Ship is not attached but still there in a couple pieces.
T2-08.jpgT2-08.jpg

Playfield Underside - I don't even know what to look for here but everything seemed ok. I was wondering if the wiring was running hot though since it looked like heat marking on the wood along some of the wiring harnesses near the flipper. I also thought that I could even smell it but not sure.
T2-09.jpgT2-09.jpg
T2-10.jpgT2-10.jpg

and finally...

#20 10 years ago

Things that make me think maybe I should get it:
All the ball ejectors seem to work quite well. Cannon loads and shoots hard. Skull ejects hard. Flippers seem to work well. Ball return ejector works but the ball is not detected. You have to wait for ball search to eject in order to start a new ball (should be easy fix I would imagine). Ramps and wire frames perform great. I figure if all these major mechanical items work well it comes down to the play field condition, DMD and cabinet.

Looking forward to all feedback. Thanks in advance.

Manhattan

#32 10 years ago

I love it. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I agree that 500-600 would probably make me pull the trigger. If not for salvage parts alone considering the mechanics are working and all the plastic is good. I especially agree with tomdotcom that after you spend it will still probably be ugly! If I could find nice for $1500 I would but they are definitely around the 2 - 2.3k mark. I've been looking now for a little over a month so not a ton of time to gauge the market.

I like this pin, always have. It is definitely the pin that got me into the game in the first place. I can't really afford more than 2k for a first buy. Please keep the comments coming as I am still twisting in each direction with this decision

Manhattan

#43 10 years ago

I'm so glad I posted and got all your feedback. The main reason I want a pinball machine is to play it. This machine would have me waiting quite awhile and require $ and effort to end up some place I might not want to be! I want to play now. I am going to move on from this machine and wait for another. I think if I want to do a refurb one day that it would be better to have a machine to play and reference while refurbing the other.

For now I will keep my eyes and ears open for a T2 in the 2k (hopefully under) range around the Pacific Northwest. Thanks again for all your help. I had T2 on the brain and wasn't thinking clearly. Can you imagine I actually offered $800 to him a month ago. I bet he wishes he took it now.

Manhattan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manhattan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-buying-advice?tu=Manhattan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.