(Topic ID: 72047)

T2- Any plans to mod its limited rule set or music?

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nemesis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've been seeing a lot of different pins get some vip treatment in their rules, music and sounds. Has anyone been thinking about dressing up a T2, especially with music from the film (which was epic) it's got to be possible. Payback time -imagine even that changed to the epic opening/end credits theme song.
Think of all the call outs that could be used too...

#2 10 years ago

That would be awesome! Would donate to that. T2's software is so buggy and unfinished so it would be nice to see games potential in better use.

#3 10 years ago

There is a Thread here about someone doing this very thing....

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jamescardona hasn't quite started yet.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is that the guy that took votes and decided to do NGG instead? Or is this someone else?

I just scored a HUO T2 and while I'm looking forward to playing it as is, it would be really cool if there were some kick ass new rules to beef up this game.

#6 10 years ago

+1 for some T2 lovin's

#7 10 years ago

They made 15k of them so plenty out their to support this but, what are the major complaints of the code? The music is dated yes but I think the voices and sound effects are great.

#8 10 years ago

If someone is doing this, i am buying one.

Only pin in the categorie i can afford that i like.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

They made 15k of them so plenty out their to support this but, what are the major complaints of the code? The music is dated yes but I think the voices and sound effects are great.

The rules on T2 could be a lot deeper, it suffers from the same complaint that BOP suffers from. Instead of shoot the left ramp, its shoot the skull. I find the shots on T2 to be very satisfying, but they don't build to much so a game with great flow isn't living to its full potentional.

There is a lot that could be done with the DMD animations as well. When you get a kickback, you get a fantastic animation of Arnie firing a few rounds and a very satisfying *boom boom boom* but you don't really see that detail anywhere else (other than the T-1000 elavator animation). Imagine how cool it would be if the super jackpot gave an animiation of the grenade being shot into the T-1000, an Extra Ball animation where some liquid metal falls off the T-1000 then forms into the extra ball, or a pop bumper animation of Terminators exploding to match the playfield.

T2 is awesome as is, but it could be some much more.

1 month later
#10 10 years ago

What can be done and how can the code be modded? If someone could update the music and the end of ball sound effect id blow my load...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-any-plans-to-mod-its-limited-rule-set-or-music and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.