(Topic ID: 124455)

T2 and T3 why is Arnold's eye different?

By Lovef2k

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I played a real nice T2 at Allentown last year. I couldn't afford it at the time but have since been looking around. A pin pal suggested T3 and he said it's a better game. I noticed that on T2, Arnold's right eye is gouged out and on T3 it's the left. Is this because of the movies? I only recall seeing Terminator 1 and don;t remember the other movies.

Would also appreciate feedback on the differences between game play on these 2 machines.

#2 5 years ago

It doesn't matter, both eventually got gouged out. Probably came down to artists (or studio's) choice.

#3 5 years ago

If you haven't watched T2 your not aloud into T2-T3 pinball club.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

If you haven't watched T2 your not aloud into T2-T3 pinball club.

Yeah I know, I'm not a big movie goer, rather work and play pins. I think I have these movies on laser disc, LOL

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yeah I know, I'm not a big movie goer, rather work and play pins. I think I have these movies on laser disc, LOL

I'll forgive you,but do yourself a favor and watch one of the best Movies of all time ..T2

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

There are 4 terminator movies at this point, plus a TV series that aired for a while, and another movie coming out this summer. Time to get caught up

#7 5 years ago

he'll be back lol

I hope its good

Looks like takes place back in 80s

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I played a real nice T2 at Allentown last year. I couldn't afford it at the time but have since been looking around. A pin pal suggested T3 and he said it's a better game. I noticed that on T2, Arnold's right eye is gouged out and on T3 it's the left. Is this because of the movies? I only recall seeing Terminator 1 and don;t remember the other movies.
Would also appreciate feedback on the differences between game play on these 2 machines.

Because the Terminator featured in each movie is a different one. They are built on an assembly line so while they are all played by arnold, they are not the same one.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Gameplay - I think t-2 has a little bit more open playfield in general. Dialed in models are the best and the cannon on t-2 (in my opinion) is better than the one in the t-3 backbox. I find the rule set on t2 to be repetitive and I get bored quickly. There's a number of fun shots though.
t3's playfield is kind of restricted and I find that a number of owners really LED the thing to death probably to help heighten their excitement. t3 rules are deeper but it's like driving across Nebraska...gets kind of tedious. I think t2 is likely a better game even though its older.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. I WILL watch the movies and get up to date here. Hawkeye, I'm leaning toward the T2. I think I like Wms better than the newer Stern anyway.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Gameplay - I think t-2 has a little bit more open playfield in general. Dialed in models are the best and the cannon on t-2 (in my opinion) is better than the one in the t-3 backbox. I find the rule set on t2 to be repetitive and I get bored quickly. There's a number of fun shots though.
t3's playfield is kind of restricted and I find that a number of owners really LED the thing to death probably to help heighten their excitement. t3 rules are deeper but it's like driving across Nebraska...gets kind of tedious. I think t2 is likely a better game even though its older.

Whole heartedly agree on this. Part of why I am amazed t2's go for 2k now. There is no way it will ever go back in my collection unless it is cheap and soon to be flipped.

T3 is an ok game. Nothing special. Kind of forgettable.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Whole heartedly agree on this. Part of why I am amazed t2's go for 2k now. There is no way it will ever go back in my collection unless it is cheap and soon to be flipped.
T3 is an ok game. Nothing special. Kind of forgettable.

I've seen some chrome mods that really make T2 look fantastic. But otherwise, it's a fairly simple game that isn't very deep.

T3 didn't impress me either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 11.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside