• Latest reply 11 years ago by southbound
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I picked up a Jurassic Park today and am all smiles.

The PF definitely needs a good cleaning with new rubber and a cracked Start button replaced, but the cabinet is in pretty decent shape overall. From what I've read about JP, one of the biggest concerns is with the T Rex, but it seems to be operating fine. No errors or issues yet, though I only played a few games on it so far. Right now I have my hands full with my DEST25th in pieces on its way back from a complete tear-down (my first!), so a complete assessment of JP will have to wait a little bit.

I do see something that I don't like underneath though: the subway ramp is damaged and being held up with pieces of wire. If anyone has a subway ramp available, please let me know. If no one responds to this, I'll post a separate thread regarding this ramp request.

Time for another massive Cointaker order...

JP.jpgJP.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Congrats on the JP. I've been looking for one for quite some time.

#3 11 years ago

Congrats southbound! Whenever I first got mine, the rubber needed changed so bad that little pieces of it were sticking to the balls. Fun game!

#4 11 years ago

I love my JP, always have a blast playing it; it will never go anywhere!

#5 11 years ago

Glad to finally see that it made its way home. I just picked up a Last Action Hero. I may need your assistance since it is my first Data East.

#6 11 years ago

The JP will benefit from the dinosaur redo by BackAlley Creations.

#7 11 years ago

Woo! Nice work!

#8 11 years ago

Awesome, another pin i really want to play.

#9 11 years ago

NICE!@!

Theres been one floating around my area for awhile at a decent price. I've never played one..

#10 11 years ago

Thanks!

I plan to start with some Papo dinos on the PF plus the LED's and see where that leaves me. I'd seen some discussions about lighting the sign along the back wall that I'll be keeping in mind. I hadn't heard about BackAlley doing anything for JP, exflexer. Do you have a link?

#11 11 years ago

looks good. Enjoy playing your new toy.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

I do see something that I don't like underneath though: the subway ramp is damaged and being held up with pieces of wire. If anyone has a subway ramp available, please let me know. If no one responds to this, I'll post a separate thread regarding this ramp request.
Time for another massive Cointaker order...

The subwayramp is held by a couple of clamps,that are attached to the underside of the playfield by means of hexhead screws, at the edges of where the ball drops into the scoop and pops back up near the VUK. The wire sounds like a DPO (dreaded previous owner) attempt to Frankenstein a fix. And if that wire has any areas exposed with no insulation, that could be an easy and scary short circuit waiting to happen.

Congrats on JP ! A very fun game, and one that casual pinball players always love!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

...I hadn't heard about BackAlley doing anything for JP, exflexer. Do you have a link?

Here you go: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-think-the-t-rex-on-jp-could-be-cooler-who-has-a-jp-fs

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The JP will benefit from the dinosaur redo by BackAlley Creations.

Is there a new JP mod coming? I googled BackAlley Creations and couldn't find anything.

#15 11 years ago

Thanks for the link. This is gonna be a fun machine to mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t-rex-sighting-jp-added-to-my-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.