(Topic ID: 269234)

T-2 shooter coil firing at random

By fatality83

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I have been having a strange issue on my T-2 lately. Sometimes at random during game play I hear and see the shooter coil firing even though there is no ball in the outlane. I have tested the outlane switch and diode for that switch. Diode is good, resoldered wires to switch and checked for any breaks in the wiring. I ran switch test multiple times testing all switches in the game to see if they would activate it but all seem to be working as they should. I tried to find out a pattern that causes it but can't seem to find anything. Seems like it does do it more in multi ball but it does also do it in regular play. One time it did it I was cradling a ball on the left flipper. Another time it did it when I shot a ball into the upper right lock with the right flipper. Another time it did it when ball was bouncing around in pop bumpers. One thing I noticed is that if I disconnect the green wire from the outtlane switch, the game doesn't do it. I made a post on facebook and had one guy tell me he owned 3 T-2 pins and they all did the same thing. Mine never did this until a week or so ago. Any ideas where else to start with this?

Shooter switch is failing or gummed up and sticking and not fully returning to Normally Open position. Just replace it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t-2-shooter-coil-firing-at-random?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.