By DreB

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2020-12-04-13-42-13 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm dealing with my Fire not getting power to the board. I've tested the power supply (probably wrong) I'm very new to this so even with the manual and numerous threads I still find this challenging.

When I turn it on all the lights come on and I hear the speaker hum but my leds on the board don't come on nor the displays. A while ago by mistake I jiggled the AC in (12 pin waffer) and it came on briefly. Thought it was maybe those pins so I replaced them and nothing. Removed the power supply and tested the capacitors and resister and all look OK. Looked for cold solder joints on the power and main board and all ok. I've tried just plugging in IJ18 and still nothing.

Checked fuses about 5 times all OK. The game was working but just suddenly stopped. No power surge etc... I've noticed the 12 pin AC some wires go under the playfield, are they going to something that could have blown?
It's been almost 2 months of constant research and I can't find the issue. Like I said I'm kinda green so It could be obvious to you guys. Help.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yep, won't work that way. You need to plug in IJ17 for power.

I tried that as well. Still nothing.

#4 3 years ago

OK. After going back to the schematic this makes more sense. I guess if IJ17 is pushing out the right voltages I'm OK as far as power supply right?

Screenshot_2020-12-04-13-42-13 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-12-04-13-42-13 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/systems-11a-no-power-going-to-board?tu=DreB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.