Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jasonmcc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey everyone, Back again for help.... Much appreciate everyone's input, direction and patience.

So I have a system 80 Panthera, I have replaced the Main Board with a ni-wumph(spring 2014)(it was easiest, original board crashed hard), after replacement the machine was working pretty much flawlessly for the better part of 1 year, Then issues started to arise again.

So here is the situation,

The free game "Knocker" started to only work intermittently at first, and now only works once in a blue moon, not that it bothers me that much, but stating it for the most info to you all.

Then my lane and target light stopped lighting up(yel/grn/wht/blu) I noticed it once during game play, turned off the machine pretty much right away, they worked again for a few more games and then stopped completely, they still count points properly, and if all 4 are completed the special lights up as it is supposed to. (I can illuminate lights by grounding them)

and within the last few weeks, the game will just stop scoring mid game, sometimes everything goes dead(with the exception of the playfield lights) and it says game over, other times(more often than "game over") it will just stop scoring, and flippers continue to work, with both of these situations, I just power off the machine for a minute or so and restart it, then it is hit and miss if it will act up again.

So questions would be this...

Which problem to address first??? could all 3 issues be related, or do I have 3 separate issues???

*** I have re-installed the programming to the Ni-wumpf, no change to any of the above concerns.

Not sure what else I can say, with the exception that the ground mods have all been done as described, I have tested the power supply, verified the 5v, 8v, 42v, 60v are present, 5.00 v is set right on, the 8v, 42v, and 60 volt are a bit higher, but have always been.

Thanks again for any help and tips to solving these concerns.

Jason

#2 8 years ago

Is the game going into tilt? Did you do the door circuit (slam switch) mod?

#3 8 years ago

No the machine is not going into tilt mode. Yes all slam mods have been done. But thanks

#4 8 years ago

Almost certain that you need to eyeball all your connectors, specifically aj6 first. Corroded pins, or pins with weak tension are all too common on system 80. So many issues go away and stay away with rebuilt/repinned connectors, (time consuming but easy to do)

Good luck

#5 8 years ago

Yes connectors should all be inspected. As well the fuses in the bottom near coin door all should be held very tight or you could be getting a large voltage drop across fuse that should not be there.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

I have went through the fuses, checked voltages on both sides, no voltage drop(s) on any.

I will recheck all my pin fits and connectors, pretty sure not the problem as I have checked them in the past and all was good.

I will update with results,

thanks

2 months later
#7 8 years ago

So, finally got to the game, and time to dig into it, with all my testing, and knowledge about the game, I have to come to the conclusion that the driver board(chips) for light circuit(s) MUST HAVE FAILED! So unless anyone can lead me on another route, I will be looking into purchasing a driver board now.

Thanks for all the input.

6 months later
#8 7 years ago

FOLLOW UP. after multiple attempts to figure out the issue. It was a connection issue. I believe shacklesrevenge hit it on the head... I have it up and working awesome again. Thanks to all that had input on the issue. Forever grateful. ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system80-panthera-acting-up-ughhhh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.