4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
20130530_133445.jpg
Lights.jpg
Mystery.jpg
missing.jpg
wire.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from MattG:

Progress report:
The mystery wire / connector is still a mystery. It is a grey and yellow wire sharing a connector with a black wire that has a very thin yellow stripe spiraling it. I looked on the schematics and it seems like black/yellow wires are for speakers, but the speaker wires have a different black/yellow pattern, they are black with a chunky yellow line. This mystery connector is black with a very thin line.
I dug around inside the machine some more just to be sure and I still can't find any possible connection. The wire is short, and it doesn't seem like it would be able to reach the underside of the PF. I checked the connections at the left ramp and window and fire flashers, everything seems ok. I wasn't sure if by "window" it meant the bank of windows near the middle pf, or the large building in the top center which is the "break the window!" area. I checked both and both seem ok.
**!UPDATE!**
I went back and checked again, traced the wire back to it's source. It connects to the power supply board at 3J6! It is labelled "-12V UNREG." I looked it up on the wiki but had no luck so it still hangs there forlorn.
The offending lights look to be a White wire w/ purple stripes and a solid purple wire. They are connected to the power supply board at 3J8. I did take a few pictures and when taken with a flash, the solid purple wire looks more to be blue, but that could just be the lighting. Another thing to note, is that the "dimness" seems to begin earlier in the chain than I thought.
On the middle-right side of the playfield is a small kickout for when "Tony is trapped!". The lights around that kickout are dim compared to other lights in similar areas on the board and then the next lights, being the ones located behind the upper right 3-bank are typically completely dead unless the game in in attract mode. During attract mode they are ever so slightly glowing.
I dug around some more and didn't see any missing, cracked or damaged looking solder. The wires themselves looked ok too.
I am also just now getting a message when I fireup the game or put it into diagnostics about switch 28, right horseshoe. I'm thinking that maybe I knocked something loose when lifting and lowering the PF. I'm going to inspect that now.
I have included images to illustrate what I mean. Thanks for the help guys!
[quoted image] [quoted image]

I realize this post is 7yrs old but my Fire has that same y/b y/g connector unplugged as well, I have all lights but no display and no game startup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system11-mystery-wire-and-missing-connections-plus-lighting?tu=DreB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.