• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Hi all…

On my teed off…..
F23 fuse (.5amp slow blow) keeps blowing.

This coil is energized by a rollover switch adjacent to the ball stop post/coil assembly. When the ball passes over the rollover switch, the associated flasher bulb lights at the same time the coil should fire but instead blows the fuse for the coil. The flasher bulb is not in the coil circuit and remains functional.

The driver board is fine, I took the driver board out of another system three game that’s completely operational and put it in the game I’m working on and there’s been no change

Coil and diode test fine

Not sure where else to go on it. In reviewing the schematic I can’t find anything else that gives me a clue. Appreciate your suggestions.

Thx
Pete

#2 5 months ago

Sounds like something could be shorting under the playfield. Maybe something that moves and touches something else that it isn't supposed to (maybe it's the switch touching something, or maybe it's the coil mech touching something when it moves). Or maybe a worn spot in wire insulation. Maybe there's a detached wire.

Without more information, you'll have to poke around and investigate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!