(Topic ID: 132463)

System Shock

By BloodyCactus

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xP7063232.jpg
    xP7063229.jpg
    xP7063225.jpg
    xP7063231.jpg
    xP7063215.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmadden.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I just saw this now from the link on the white wood thread. I'm the guy doing the Mission Framework. It's written to be platform independent with platform modules for each different type of hardware.. so you don't have to "port" anything per se, rather you (or us?) just need to write a platform module.

The platform module converts MPF commands into the hardware calls and vice/versa. Pretty much everything you'd expect.. send commands to fire drivers, LEDs, etc. read switches..

For P-ROC/P3-ROC, they have an interface library written in C with a wrapper to expose it to Python which we use. For FAST they have a virtual COM port interface (over USB) so we send/receive serial commands.

So for your board, just give me a way to talk to it and I can write an MPF platform interface pretty quickly. I think I did the FAST one in a weekend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianmadden.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-shock?tu=brianmadden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.