Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by MrArt2u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 83 days ago

Could use some help. The slingshot for my Space Shuttle isn't reaching all the way out when the ball hits. The coil is only traveling far enough to open the coil switch under the playfield. The ball just gently bounces off the slingshot. When touching the slingshot for testing it does a machine gun.
I've cleaned and adjusted the leaf switches on the slingshot to no avail. I'm ordering new switches but worried there's something deeper going on.
Any recommendations?

#2 82 days ago
Quoted from MountBrew:

Could use some help. The slingshot for my Space Shuttle isn't reaching all the way out when the ball hits. The coil is only traveling far enough to open the coil switch under the playfield. The ball just gently bounces off the slingshot. When touching the slingshot for testing it does a machine gun.
I've cleaned and adjusted the leaf switches on the slingshot to no avail. I'm ordering new switches but worried there's something deeper going on.
Any recommendations?

I would check your connectors at the board for any damaged or loose connection. I had similar symptoms with my slings on my shuttle and properly seating those connectors made all the difference. Would also check your connectors associated with your light column issues ,maybe as simple as a bad ground

#3 82 days ago

Also make sure the mechanism works freely and isn’t binding up with the power off. I find coils and mechs toward the front of the machines have often been greased by overzealous previous owners. Over the years they grease solidifies and binds things up. (Just yesterday I cleaned me binding mechs in my space shuttle)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 189.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 11.95
$ 695.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside