• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

So, I'll start this off by saying that I've cleaned and rebuilt a board that had major battery damage. More as a learning process than anything else. Every component on the lower half of the board was removed, battery damage was neutralized, traces cleaned and repaired. I just got everything installed again with new parts and I'm getting an error 7.

After I push the button, I'll get a 1, but sometimes a 6. 6 isn't even listed anywhere.

I've got a logic probe on hand, and I'm ready to learn if someone wants to help me diagnose the issues that I'm having.

Roms are swapped from a known good board and the sound test works fine.

#2 3 years ago

Not sure if anything in the below thread will help but I had a unique system 9 problem with my sorcerer many years back. Some good troubleshooting info was given to me and we eventually fixed the problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-9-cpu-showing-7-in-led

#3 3 years ago

Thanks. I've been going through a bunch of the old threads, and the williams troubleshooting guide.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

12V and 5V are both good.

I don't see a one second low followed by a constant high on pin 40. It's always high when i turn the game on. Tried on 2 known good chips.

All socketed connections have confirmed continuity from chip pin to solder joint on the back of the board.

Pin 21 of U17 is low and not pulsing.

#4 3 years ago

Bump. Still looking for some help. Or a swift kick in the right direction.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Pin 21 of U17 is low and not pulsing.

You need to check the schematic and ohm out from U17 pin 21 to where ever it goes to (multiple connections?) so you can be sure the traces are good.

#6 3 years ago

Pin 21 just goes to ground. All 39 traces from U17 have continuity to the corresponding parts. Just checked and confirmed each one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-9-error-code-7-then-1-or-a-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.