Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dpannell
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I recently picked up a space shuttle with a bad original credit plasma display. Does anyone know if you should be able to use a standard 6 digit display for the credit display? I recall this was possible with system 6 displays but it doesn't seem to work with this game. Can I take a 6 digit numeric glass and solder it to the original display board or must I have the 4-digit glass?

#2 5 years ago

I don't think so.
and do you mean space station or shuttle?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Can I take a 6 digit numeric glass and solder it to the original display board or must I have the 4-digit glass?

You can't do this. Must be 4 digit.

You might be able to hack a 6 digit in there but it would be way too time consuming and would look like crap.

You own Space Shuttle if it has a 4 digit credit/match display.

#4 5 years ago

K's arcade has new ones for sale @ 95.00

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply's. This is for space shuttle, not sure why I typed space station. I have some extra numeric displays I was hoping to use. I know that you could replace the glass on a system 6 master display with a standard 6 digit glass and it worked and looked just fine. The master display board only used the 4 digits needed for score/credits. I was hoping to do something similar with this system 9. If anybody knows for sure if this can or cannot be done, I'd appreciate a reply. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#6 5 years ago

Just closing the loop on this one. I decided to buy a new glass 4-Digit Credit/Match Display Glass from pinball life and solder it into the existing board. It's working fine now. Thanks again for the replies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-9-credit-display-compatibility?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.