Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by pinball_ric
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 days ago

I have a comet I'm trying to bring back to life after it's sat for awhile. When I power it on it doesn't go into attract mode but the LED display on the board stays 0. If I push the diagnostic button on the MPU the game will boot into attract mode. There is some stuff on the player 1 display and the credit display which I thought was just garbage from the MPU partially booting. But the signal to keep the 555 from triggering is being generated so I believe the MPU is still running. Now I'm wondering if what is on the display is an error message. I forgot to check what it says before leaving for work this morning.

I do not currently have batteries in it. Previous batteries and holder were removed because they started to leak.

#2 14 days ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I have a comet I'm trying to bring back to life after it's sat for awhile. When I power it on it doesn't go into attract mode but the LED display on the board stays 0. If I push the diagnostic button on the MPU the game will boot into attract mode. There is some stuff on the player 1 display and the credit display which I thought was just garbage from the MPU partially booting. But the signal to keep the 555 from triggering is being generated so I believe the MPU is still running. Now I'm wondering if what is on the display is an error message. I forgot to check what it says before leaving for work this morning.
I do not currently have batteries in it. Previous batteries and holder were removed because they started to leak.

No battery's in it, is part of you problem.

#3 14 days ago
Quoted from wdennie:

No battery's in it, is part of you problem.

Ok figured that might be the case. Was going to see if that was the issue later tonight. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Unknown City, CA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 1,000.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside