By Gemini

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Lead Up
-------------------------------------------
Once again the display on my Hollywood Heat went out and once again reseating the display connector (with the power off of course) solved the issue. I've got a hunch I may be having to replace that cable eventually if it continues to flake out every once in awhile when I turn the game on. (Never goes out mid-game, only on startup, and has only happened twice now out of the past couple dozen startups.)

Actual Problem
-------------------------------------------
In the process though I noticed something unusual which seems like it would be easy to fix but I'm not sure what products to use: The VFDs themselves are separating from the display board! In fact, it looks like they're only holding on by their electrical connections to the board as I can see some sort of adhesive behind them that's clearly not doing its job.

So my simple question is: What product should I use to reattach the VFD glass to the board nice and solidly and what should I be careful of? I'm aware that there's special nubs on the displays used to originally vacuum the air out that are very fragile and shouldn't be touched and shouldn't touch anything under any circumstances, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80b-vfd-display-glass-separating-from-board?tu=Gemini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.